Traffic Officer Jobs Vacancy at Highways England
Highways England urgently required following position for Traffic Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Traffic Officer Jobs Vacancy at Highways England Jobs Details:
We are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England’s motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much. It’s an exciting time to begin a career with Highways England as we invest £11 billion in our motorways and A Roads boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety which is why we’re so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy. And with responsibility for major projects, working here is also a great move for your career.
We are currently recruiting for On Road Traffic Officers to be based at the following outstation.
- Milnrow Outstation M62 Junction 21, Elizabethan Way , Rochdale OL16 4HG
Starting salary for this position will be £21,505 per annum plus 20% shift allowance and £1,000 retention allowance after 9 months’ salary will raise to £22,637 plus 20% shift allowance and £ 1,000 retention.
Day to day
- Working on the strategic road network you will respond and resolve incidents using safe and timely action which could include deploying traffic management and work collaboratively with colleagues, emergency services and other responders.
- Work within a team to contribute proactively and achieve required performance targets.
- Communicate using a range of technologies including radio and mobile telephony to provide accurate and timely scene updates to colleagues, partners, stakeholders and customers
- Take personal responsibility for the safety of self and others by reporting and acting on any potentially unsafe activities or conditions
- Maintain records of vehicles and equipment
Candidate Profile About you
- Hold a full valid UK driving licence for 2 years with no more than 3 points on your licence (at the time of sending in your application)
- Live within one hour's commutable distance of the vacancy location,
- Experience of motorway driving
- Knowledge of and experience of contributing to safety in the work place
- Provide and deliver a high quality customer service
- Self-Motivated Team Player
- Experience of successfully working unsupervised
Stage 1: Application and Online Assessment
First we’ll ask you to complete a short application form so that we have your basic details and to make sure that this role is the right match for you.
If it is, we’ll ask you to complete an online assessment in which you will be presented with the types of situations you could face working at Highways England and asked how you think you would react to each situation.
Stage 2: Telephone Interview
If you are successful at the first stage, we’ll invite you to take part in a telephone interview. This will be an opportunity for you to learn more about the role and will allow us to learn more about you.
Stage 3: Assessment Centre
We’ll ask you to attend an assessment centre if you are successful at the telephone interview. The final stage of the recruitment process will include a face-to-face interview and a behavioural exercise.
To avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible. We’re expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong.
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.