Senior Project Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Tsp Projects Reading
Tsp Projects Reading urgently required following position for Senior Project Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Project Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Tsp Projects Reading Jobs Details:
An exciting new role as Senior Project Engineer for TSP Projects, a multi-disciplinary engineering solutions business.
TSP Projects is a highly innovative multi-disciplinary solutions business with extensive engineering capabilities. With a substantial project portfolio, we serve many different and demanding market sectors including transportation, defence & security, energy & power, construction and solar. Our customers range from central government to major developers, contractors, manufacturers and other blue-chip companies. Our award-winning work includes the redevelopment of King’s Cross station, Reading station area redevelopment, countrywide Energy-from-Waste (EfW) facilities and many other high profile opportunities across the UK.
This Senior Project Engineer role, which reports to our Principal Engineer, is an exciting opportunity to take responsibility for the integration of multi-discipline design teams for the delivery of designs to programme.
As a Senior Project Engineer, you will help us deliver cutting edge solutions to a diverse range of clients. You will be involved in major team projects such as West Inner Track Infrastructure (Crossrail On-Network Works), WITI Tangential Wiring, Thames Valley Platform Extensions, and future Cocklebury Sidings remodelling.
Key deliverables include:
- Reviews the project technical scope to ensure that all technical disciplines that are required to complete the scope of work are represented during the production of tender proposals and project delivery
- Continually ensure that the technical delivery satisfies the project remit, and that this is confirmed through requirements management
- Responsible for the establishment and subsequent management of the project’s’ technical interfaces
- Ensures that all technical activities are identified in the project programme and that all discipline dependencies and inter-dependencies are also identified
- Responsible for ensuring the resolution of all design interface conflicts
- Manages consultation on technical issues with Clients and Third Parties
- Facilitates regular design meetings with all disciplines to review technical progress
- Ensures that Inter Disciplinary Checks (IDC) are undertaken throughout the project lifecycle and that a formal IDC is carried out prior to the delivery of each work package to the Client
- Retains responsibility for ensuring CDM Designer duties are fulfilled
- Ensures design change control estimates and associated scope are co-ordinated
- Review the content of reports involving multi-discipline inputs for consistency and completeness
Your attributes will include:
- Ideally BEng/MEng or equivalent
- Ideally membership of or working towards membership of a relevant professional institution
- Ideally 5 years’ experience within the railway industry, the majority of which has been focussed on managing the technical delivery of multi-disciplined projects
- Good knowledge of civil engineering design and construction principles and standards
- Clear understanding of applicable industry legislation including involvement with Common Safety Method and Technical Standards for Interoperability
- Good knowledge of CDM regulations
- Good knowledge of BIM and understanding of its’ application on projects
- Good knowledge of engineering design standards for the UK Rail Network
- Ability to develop and maintain Client and 3rd party relationships
- Awareness of contract conditions, cost control and planning information requirements
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team working; demonstrate effective working/communicating across teams within the company to ensure delivery of projects
- Self-motivated team player; able to work with the minimum of supervision
- Commercial awareness
- IT Computer literate – specifically CAD, Microsoft Office packages
If this describes you and your career aspirations please apply for this Senior Project Engineer role below.
Closing date: 8th December 2017