Communications Officer Jobs Vacancy at Transport For London London
Transport For London London urgently required following position for Communications Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Communications Officer Jobs Vacancy at Transport For London London Jobs Details:
Overview of role
- Leading the end-to-end process in coordinating, investigating and responding to all incoming queries on behalf of the Managing Director of Surface Transport.
- Assuring all outgoing correspondence to ensure quality of response, consistency with legislation, for example, Freedom of Information requests, TfL Policy, TfL Style Guide and appropriate levels of political awareness.
- Proactively leading the enquiry management process to ensure the timely handling of queries from customers and stakeholders including, but not limited to, members of the public, elected representatives and internal and external stakeholders.
- Developing and maintaining a system of process to promote efficiency and quality of responses, as well as tracking and reporting to support the development of customer intelligence.
- Supporting the Managing Director's office in the development and delivery of any communications materials, for example, briefing materials for internal and external partners, and initiatives that support in the delivery of Surface Transport objectives.
Skills knowledge & experience
- Business document production (word processing, presentations, spreadsheets) - Intermediate
- Information management & Reporting - Intermediate
- Information management and reporting - Intermediate
- Analyse and present business data - Intermediate
- Attention to detail - Advanced
- Monitoring Data management systems - Intermediate
- Information Governance - Intermediate
- TfL Polices and Procedures – Intermediate
- Graduate in relevant topic, or considerable relevant experience.
- In depth understanding of transport issues in the public sector domain.
- Excellent understanding of London's political landscape and the wider national political landscape.
- Understanding of the Transport for London organisational structure and relationships between Surface Transport directorates and departments.
- Deep working knowledge of the Mayor's Transport Strategy and how TfL's objectives and our communications should align with this.
- Deep Knowledge of advanced data analysis techniques, tools and processes (Tech & Data)
- Excellent knowledge of communications/public relations techniques and best practice (Communications)
- Deep Knowledge of reporting processes, tools and governance processes (Portfolio Management)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Email, Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Excellent written English with extensive experience of report, briefing note and letter writing.
- Experience of working with high-volume Customer Service task load in an efficient and effective manner.
- Experience of working within a large and complex organisation with a high customer service ethos.
- Experience of working with and balancing the needs of a number of key partner groups.
- Ability to interpret information from different sources and present them in a clear and high quality manner
- Experience of working juggling priorities and to tight deadlines.
Equality and diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Please apply using your CV and a two page covering letter.
- Final salary pension scheme
- Free travel for you on the TfL network
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
- 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
- Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
- Tax-efficient childcare payments
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
- Discounted Eurostar travel