Procurement Category Manager Jobs Vacancy at Monsoon London
Monsoon London urgently required following position for Procurement Category Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Procurement Category Manager Jobs Vacancy at Monsoon London Jobs Details:
Looking to join a global retailer who values people? Then look no further. We are committed to developing our people, last year we made numerous promotions across the business and raised over £500K through our Monsoon Charity Trust fund raise. We have a strong brand with many talented people in the business along with a loyal customer base who knows our heritage. We put people first and pride ourselves in attracting, developing, retaining and inspiring our talent.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an established Procurement Category Manager to support with the creation and development of category plans which align with the overall procurement objectives. This person will provide procurement expertise across the business, identifying opportunities which will deliver OPEX reductions and operational improvements. This role will be responsible for leading the effective delivery of sourcing projects which minimise the total cost of ownership and risk mitigation.
What will you do as a Procurement Category Manager?
- Define, develop and deliver 1-3-year category strategies and the resulting sourcing projects to meet business requirements whilst minimising the total cost of ownership
- Manage complex procurement initiatives and sourcing projects through the full procurement process
- Develop and maintain long-term value adding relationships with Directors and senior management to understand business needs
- Lead complex tenders and negotiations ensuring appropriate plans are in place
- Re-evaluate programme priorities as the business environment evolves, recommending adjustments to the roadmap as new priorities emerge.
- Ensure cost approval processes are adhered to for OPEX budgets
- Set category direction and make commercial recommendations
- Support policy and process from Legal counsel and Corporate Governance
- Implement Sourcing & Ethical trading policies & procedures
What will you need to succeed in this role?
- Significant procurement experience, ideally within a retail business
- Commercially astute, an analytical and inquisitive mind with excellent attention to detail - operates strategically with an understanding of the 'big picture'
- Have a track record of successful negotiation and contracting
- The ability to think strategically whilst delivering at pace
- Strong third-party management (vendor, implementation, consultancy and support)
- Highly self-motivated and driven with a pro-active, 'can-do' attitude
What are we like to work for?
If you're ambitious, Monsoon Accessorize is a great place to be. We're still growing which means there are more opportunities than ever before. We're also committed to developing our talent. Last year we made numerous promotions across the company. This year promises to be no exception. You will enjoy a benefits package which includes an amazing discount across our brands, up to 23 days holiday, pension, life assurance and an interest free season ticket card loan. We also provide a great range of voluntary benefits with external companies that you can take advantage of such as discounts on gym memberships and the opportunity to ride a tax free bike to work to name a few!
If you feel you have the potential to become a Procurement Category Manager, we would love to hear from you.