Commercial Consultant Jobs Vacancy at Wsp
Wsp urgently required following position for Commercial Consultant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Commercial Consultant Jobs Vacancy at Wsp Jobs Details:
To assist Project Managers and Engineering Consultants with the implementation and management of projects as part of both the Energy Developments Advisory group and wider Water, Energy and Industry business:
- Undertake a lead and supporting role in the Commercial disciplines (finance, supply chain, HR and power markets) when working as part of the Energy Developments Advisory Group
- Undertake one of a range of Power Plant roles in due diligence activities.
- Act as main point of contact with client and advisers in the validation of transactional models – especially operational parameters and financial elements
- Provide Owners and Lenders Engineer support for both new build / retrofit projects and operational power plant transactions
- Produce the operational and commercial sections of Due Diligence and Plant Status Reports
- Develop life cost models to support the assessment of projects as required
- Carry out a lead role in producing plant demolition reports on the cost of demolition of power plant at their end of life.
- Develop a modelled system to allow others to prepare consistent assessments
- Audit of operational power plants for compliance with the Asset Management Standard ISO 5500x. Support clients in developing their AM system to attain compliance with ISO 5500x. Take the lead in the Group’s interaction with the IAM
- Carry out bespoke reviews on commercial and contract Management Systems
- Develop new clients and the group client base through industry contacts and when the opportunities arise
- Deputise for the Project Manager or Director of Energy & Development, in the formulation of proposals and the management of selected projects as required
- Develop and deploy a systematic approach to the assessment of client’s long term maintenance arrangements.
- Preferred qualification is professional status with one of the recognised accountancy bodies with contractual experience in a senior power plant or portfolio position
- A second language is preferable
- Extensive experience working in a senior role within the commercial disciplines on a power plant or in a portfolio position is essential
- Fully conversant with contract terms and conditions, financial models and business management systems.
- Practical understanding of the principles of ISO 55000 Asset Management, ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management and ISO 31000 Risk Management and how they can be implemented for the effective management of power stations and assets
- Demonstrable experience and familiarity with the implementation of Business Continuity Management including staff training, field exercises and auditing for compliance
The candidate will preferably have acquired experience in key contracts applicable to the operation and maintenance of large and small power plants of different design and configurations and fuel types. Experience in preparation of business plans, budgets (capital and revenue) and lifetime cost models to support station Business Plans and Investment Appraisals including financial model review.
Knowledge and experience in a number of the following fields would be expected:
Power & Water Purchase Agreements, Fuel Supply Agreements, Long Term Technical Service Agreements, O&M Agreements, Parts Agreements, Asset Retirement Obligations, Lifetime Cost Modelling, Facility Contracts, Insurance Policies, Rates & Taxation, Asset and Operational Audits, Financial statements and relationship to operational and market parameters.