Senior Visitor Experience Officer Jobs Vacancy at National Trust Reading
National Trust Reading urgently required following position for Senior Visitor Experience Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Visitor Experience Officer Jobs Vacancy at National Trust Reading Jobs Details:
If you love engaging with our visitors and interpreting our collections with inspiring events and ways to bring our works of art to life, we’ve got a fantastic opportunity for you.
What it's like to work here:The Thames Valley is a major tourist destination, with historic houses, parks and gardens, cycling, walking and boating on the river. It’s a beautiful area in which to live and work, with numerous small villages and towns in the countryside, yet good transport links to London by train and close to the east-west M4 motorway. The nearby thriving town of Reading with its range of housing types and prices, university and sporting facilities is the most important source for local visitors coming to the National Trust properties in this area. Basildon Park is just 12 miles from Greys Court, with nearby Nuffield Place – the third in the group, forming a close triangle of properties spilling out north across the valley.
What you'll be doing:You'll work with the Visitor Experience Manager to ensure every aspect of the visitor experience is shaped by our collection and delivers an exceptional experience to everyone every time. That involves delivering the program of events, with something new each season for our regular visitors and locals, as well as ongoing events to inspire our occasional visitors.
With our impressive collections, inspiring landscapes and centuries of history, there’s everything here to fire your imagination, to create events and deliver outstanding interpretation. You’ll work with the house team to understand our spirit of place, ensuring high standards of presentation and service as part of the visitor experience team.Please also read the full role profile, attached to the end of this advert.
Who we're looking forThis job is all about providing a service. To be fantastic in this role, you’ll need to;
- Experience of delivering inspirational engagement activities
- Have good people skills, enabling good working relationships with those in your team and across the property
- Understanding of how to interpret significant collections to varied audiences.
- Excellent organisational skills, and the ability to time manage projects successfully
- Have good interpersonal skills, able to deal with visitors in a variety of situations
- Have a flexible customer focused approach with experience in delivering high standards of customer service
- Experience of working with and supervising volunteers
- Empathy with aims of the National Trust, with genuine interest and knowledge of the work of the Trust
The packageLooking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £3.09 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking