Community Engagement Officer Jobs Vacancy at Bam Nuttall
Bam Nuttall urgently required following position for Community Engagement Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Community Engagement Officer Jobs Vacancy at Bam Nuttall Jobs Details:
Community Engagement Officer - Birmingham.
We are seeking a Community Engagement Officer required to work on our major transport infrastructure project in the Midlands. You will be based out of our central Birmingham office with requirements to travel throughout the region (Warwickshire, Buckinghamshire, Borough of Hillingdon).
Reporting to our Community Engagement Manager, you will provide a central point of contact to local communities whilst undertaking engagement work comprising of engagement activities, meetings, events and consultations, to establish, build and maintain relationships with local residents, businesses, community and stakeholder groups. Your role will be an operational lead for specific work areas to ensure that communities are engaged in our Work Area Plans and to ensure that project risk is mitigated from within the community.
You key activities will include:
• Establish, build and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholder groups, therefore the Community Engagement Officer will be based within their designated local area for approximately 3-4 days a week.
• Respond to stakeholder complaints and enquiries, and resolve within set timescales.
• Manage day to day community engagement activities for specific work areas.
• Attend regular public events.
• Seek ways to mitigate community harm and maximise community benefit.
• Prepare advance works notifications and take appropriate action to advise and warn in advance (through letter drops, e-mail, social networking, etc).
• Support the resolution of complaints received via the Helpdesk and social media and provide feedback on outcomes to the Helpdesk within 24 hours.
• Escalate issues for resolution before they grow.
• Plan community engagement activities to support the delivery of the Works Packages.
• Liaise with community representation groups to ensure that concerns are registered and responded to.
• Produce and maintain records of sensitive receptors, environmental constraints, details of letter drops undertaken, etc.
• Be aware of special events in the area that may impact on traffic flows and liaise with the logistics team accordingly.
• Produce regular newsletters to advise external stakeholders of progress with the scheme.
Required Experience Your skills and experience should include:
• Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills, with an ability to diplomatically and emphatically handle stakeholder complaints.
• Ability to develop strong working relationships and trust from stakeholder parties through regular liaison.
• Knowledge of local government and local political structures.
• Awareness of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and ability to promote EDI as part of stakeholder engagement.
• Demonstrate organising and delivering stakeholder events.
• Ability to develop the stakeholder activities required for each works package, based on local stakeholder mapping.
• Ability to undertake stakeholder mapping and collation of information for each works area.
• Ability to use ICT packages to record and prepare stakeholder information.