Trainee Learning Designer Jobs Vacancy at Shoosmiths Northampton
Shoosmiths Northampton urgently required following position for Trainee Learning Designer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Trainee Learning Designer Jobs Vacancy at Shoosmiths Northampton Jobs Details:
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard” Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
The eLearning Team forms part of the Learning & Development and Knowledge Management Team. Our purpose is to inspire everyone in Shoosmiths to unlock their potential by providing the highest quality training to allow them to be excellent at their job. The learning culture we promote is one of inclusivity and support, where learning resources are provided for everyone to access in a safe and reassuring way. Continuous improvement, regardless of experience is encouraged in line with the delivery of the Shoosmiths Strategy to be the leading national law firm famous for its client experience.
The eLearning Team provide eLearning courses to our colleagues for compliance training and to support personal and professional development. Some of our courses are available for sale to external clients who login to our learning portal Horizon.
The aim of the eLearning Team is to deliver high quality eLearning internally to all members of staff as well as externally to our clients. The role has two operational requirements. These are:
- Design and development of eLearning content and learning materials
- Administration of the LCMS
The role will require the individual to interact with key stakeholders and employees within Shoosmiths, and with external clients, therefore excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, will be essential.
We have a strong brand and visual style at Shoosmiths, however, creativity is still key and you will get the opportunity to design and develop training materials within these guidelines.
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Excellent English language and grammar skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- An interest in visual design
- Ability to deliver to deadlines
- A polite and confident telephone manner
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manipulate data and create reports
A full training programme will be provided but experience in the areas below would be desirable.
Desirable knowledge and skills:
- Experience of using Adobe Captivate or other eLearning authoring tool
- Experience of using image software
Shoosmiths offers a wide range of benefits to employees. These can include:
- Competitive salary
- An additional day holiday for your birthday plus £50 in high street vouchers
- Flexible holiday where you can buy or sell holiday
- Volunteering opportunities
- Access to a wide range of development opportunities
- Shoosmiths recognition awards scheme, Above and Beyond
- Discounts and purchase schemes for a large variety of goods and services
- Child care vouchers
- Family & Friends referral reward scheme.
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.