Azure Specialist Jobs Vacancy at Provident Financial Bradford
Provident Financial Bradford urgently required following position for Azure Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Azure Specialist Jobs Vacancy at Provident Financial Bradford Jobs Details:
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Azure Specialist at our head office in Bradford. Here you will provide strategic direction, design and deployment of technology projects and the transition into IT Operations support at a senior level SME for the IT Platform Design Team.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Create designs and implementation plans using industry best practices and the latest technologies. Lead a team to implement those solutions alongside the existing critical services running the Provident core business and ensure that work is organised and allocated appropriately
- Manage a range of internal/external stakeholder relationships to ensure that the area of responsibility has the resources necessary to meet their expectations. You will be required to work closely with our IT operation teams to provide 3rd line service continuity, improvement and transition tasks and to deliver assistance in the introduction of new solutions and platforms as a production service
- Be the Senior SME who takes full ownership and accountability for technical, support, implementation and design tasks from initial request through to conclusion and provide an excellent customer service at all times. Address issues that have been escalated up from IT Platform Design & Operational colleagues
- Number/type of Risk Events versus the potential for risk for the work area
- Develop and enhance positive stakeholder relationships
- Provide training and guidance to other members of the team
- Team performance and capability optimised to meet current and anticipated business requirements
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Three plus years experience of authoring technical designs and implementing robust, highly available and scalable infrastructure, enterprise solutions and services in either a senior technical, architecture or leadership role
- Demonstrate ability and understanding of a wide range of technologies and market development
- Involvement in IT projects to transition new services into production support
- Three plus years hands-on deep technical experience designing and implementing Microsoft Azure technology specifically but not limited to: App Services / Azure SQL database / Availability sets / Azure network components / ADFS / Express Route / DNS / Load Balancing / Storage
- Three plus years experience of proposing and defining all types of cloud based solutions (IaaS, SaaS and PaaS)
- Three plus years experience of authoring Azure Resource Manager templates
- Experience of designing and implementing ADFS
- Specialist knowledge of authoring technical designs and implementing solutions on or using the following technologies: Windows Server 2016/2012/2008/2003 / SQL Server 2016/2014/2012 / IIS 7.5/8 / MS Dynamics Online / PowerShell
- Specialist knowledge of the following protocols: DHCP, DNS, FTP, HTTP/HTTPS, SMTP, SSL, TLS, Telnet.
- Understanding of Load Balancing and Firewalls
- ITIL Background, firm understanding of ITIL practices, incident, service, change, problem and release management
Educated to degree level or equivalent
70-533 - Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
70-534 - Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions
MCSA/MCSE or equivalent qualification
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it’s not the only one. We’ll invest in your development – giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. And, working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you’ll find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we’ll give you a package including pension and bonus schemes, and a whole range of other benefits besides.