Cardiology Assisstant Jobs Vacancy at Bupa London
Bupa London urgently required following position for Cardiology Assisstant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Cardiology Assisstant Jobs Vacancy at Bupa London Jobs Details:
London - Basinghall
To provide clinical assistance to the Cardiology team and to provide diagnostic tests as required.
Note: This role will be available as ad-hoc cover only; to provide additional support where needed. This would mean working at least one day in the month at Basinghall to maintain and refresh training.
Accountabilities & Activities:
- Manage the cardiology customer journey during their time at the Basinghall Street Centre, liaising with the relevant Consultants, Nursing and Administration staff to ensure the customer journey is as smooth as possible.
- Proactively deal with any issues that may impact the customer, liaising with the Clinical Services Manager or Centre Manager as appropriate.
Be responsible for ensuring the environment for customers in Cardiology areas is at its best, meeting any policy, process or legislative requirements.
Liaise with the Bupa Cromwell Hospital and other partner hospitals when necessary to chase results and ensure the Consultants have the information required for their consultations in a timely fashion
Clinical Quality and Delivery
- Measure basic clinical observations (temperature, oxygen saturations and blood pressure)
- Take blood (phlebotomy) where required
- Produce high quality resting ECG recordings
- Set-up and fit Holter monitors and ambulatory blood pressure monitors when appropriate
- Take height & weight measurements where appropriate
- Record all results and measurements on the relevant systems
- Ensure all aspects of clinical work such as medical results are handled and monitored within an agreed failsafe system.
- Manage clinical equipment (such as ECG equipment) as per policy and process and interaction with other departments where required to provide optimum service delivery
- Maintain equipment in a clean usable state & work with the Clinical Services Manager in regards to annual maintenance and repair of equipment
Qualifications, Training & Experience:
- Bupa Health Adviser trained with at least 6 months’ experience
- An interest in, or experience of, working in a cardiology related field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to maintain accurate records of work performed
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- BLS or ILS Life support qualification
Strong organizational skills with an ability to multi-task
We have lots of fantastic benefits to offer:
CPD support: In house training courses, CPD evenings, support with external courses
Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing to 27 days after 5 years service
You’re paid for all Bank holidays
Contributory pension scheme
Annual bonus scheme
Annual pay review
Bupa Health insurance paid for yourself by Bupa (you just pay the tax)
Discounts on Bupa Dental insurance, Health assessments and gym membership
Free annual health assessment
Free annual flu vaccine and eye test
Access to health minds service and 24/7 anytime Healthline
Bupa rewards to High street Retailer discountsBupa Boost app
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
We employ over 84,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand and the US.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, hospitals, dental centres, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
For more information, visit www.bupa.com.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.For further information on Bupa, our equal opportunities and your career with us, please visit our website.