Personal Assistant The Secretary Chief Executive Jobs Vacancy at The Church England London
The Church England London urgently required following position for Personal Assistant The Secretary Chief Executive. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Personal Assistant The Secretary Chief Executive Jobs Vacancy at The Church England London Jobs Details:
The Church Commissioners manage the historic assets of the Church of England and fulfil other administrative functions in support of the Church’s mission. The Secretariat department supports the Secretary (Chief Executive) and the Estates Commissioners (senior trustees) in their conduct of the Church Commissioners’ business.
As a Personal Assistant you will provide full diary, secretarial and administrative support for the Secretary (Chief Executive), Estates Commissioners and the Secretariat department.
Recruitment Time Table:
- Closing Date: 25th September 2017
- Interview Date: 6th October 2017
Post Introduction Are you seeking a new role in an exciting and unique organisation?
As Personal Assistant to the Secretary, you will act as first point of contact for the Secretariat department, confidently managing a range of tasks including diary management, minute writing and the preparation, filing and archiving of formal records and Committee papers.
To thrive in this role, you will be a well organised, self-motivated professional, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to act with discretion and sensitivity when dealing with confidential material.
- Provide full secretarial and administrative support to the Chief Executive, Estates Commissioners and the Secretariat department;
- Act as the point of contact for the Secretariat department, referring matters as appropriate;
- Manage the electronic diaries of the Chief Executive, Estates Commissioners and Director of Libraries, Archives and IT;
- Co-ordinate and manage travel arrangements for the Chief Executive, Estates Commissioners, and other staff as necessary including checking routes, purchasing tickets and booking accommodation. Liaising with other departments as necessary;
- Organise and book meeting dates for the Board and all of the Church Commissioners’ Committees sufficiently far in advance. Make room bookings, order/make refreshments and order equipment;
- Support the Senior Administrative & Governance Officer in the production of Board, AGM and Assets Committee papers, assisting with mailings for the Board and Assets Committee including the copying, collation and binding of papers;
- Assist the Senior Administrative & Governance Officer with minute-writing for various Boards and groups and assisting in the management, preparation and delivery of the Commissioners’ Annual General Meeting;
- If required, supporting the Commissioners’ activities at General Synod (this may occasionally require attendance at the Synod’s sessions, held over one weekend (in York) in July and during the week (in London) in February);
- Provide other administrative assistance as required to the Senior Administrative & Governance Officer;
- Manage the department’s filing system and archive. Make sure there is proper management of the Commissioners’ formal records and papers;
- Be the Secretariat department’s ‘SAP raiser’, processing purchase orders and invoices and keeping the budget officer informed of commitments to spend (full training in our ‘SAP’ accounting system is available);
- Be the first point of contact for telephone enquiries to the department;
- Undertake occasional typing or formatting of documents/correspondence.
The Ideal Candidate Essential
Knowledge and experience:
- Proven Personal Assistant experience within a senior manager’s office.
- A-levels or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Experience of Microsoft Office (especially Outlook Calendar).
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and ability to liaise with senior managers across the organisation.
- Ability to work under pressure using own initiative and able to work unsupervised.
- Attention to detail.
- Discretion and good oral and written communication skills including an excellent telephone manner.
- Sensitivity and good judgement in dealing with urgent and complex matters.
- Willingness to train in using the SAP finance system unless already familiar with it.
- Flexibility, teamwork and a service mentality.
- Willingness to attend sessions of the General Synod if required (which may involve travelling to York).
- Experience of the SAP finance system or similar.
- General knowledge of and interest in the Commissioners’ work and structure
- Empathy with the mission and ethos of the Church of England
About Us We in the National Church Institutions support the mission and ministries of the Church all over England. We work with parishes, dioceses (regional offices), schools, other ministries and our partners at a national and international level.
Excellence, Respect, Integrity
We follow these three values in everything we do, whether we are of Christian faith, another faith or no faith.
Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible* 35-hour working week for work-life balance and a minimum 25 days’ holiday plus 3 defined organisational day’s leave and an attractive defined pension scheme.
We are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from people, regardless of their background.
*Where applicable depending on post requirements.