Quantity Surveyor Belfast Jobs Vacancy at Kennedy Recruitment Belfast
Kennedy Recruitment Belfast urgently required following position for Quantity Surveyor Belfast. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Quantity Surveyor Belfast Jobs Vacancy at Kennedy Recruitment Belfast Jobs Details:
Vacancy Reference: 14405
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their large Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Quantity Surveyor. This position will be based in Belfast. The hours of this role will be full time and the successful candidate will be required to start immediately.
The duties of this position are -
- Prepare or assist in the development of specifications, drawings, bills of quantities and schedule of rates to enable the invitation of tenders and quotations.
- Work in conjunction with the procurement team for the delivery of pilot schemes and to ensure that suitable contracts are in place for the delivery of the Region’s Programme. Additionally, suitable knowledge of appropriate quantity surveying software packages is required.
- Provide support on the correct interpretation of contract terms and conditions, ensuring that NIHE's commercial risk is effectively managed, payments made reflect NIHE's obligations under the contract, advising on contract strategies required to reduce risk and improve performance.
- Ensure the affordable delivery of the investment programme, the effective management and monitoring of budgets in respect of your function including undertaking regular benchmark reviews, forecasting, cash-flow projections and monitoring.
- Receive tenders and quotations, evaluate prices, check documents and prepare agreements and contracts. Effectively administer NIHE's contracts to ensure that they deliver maximum value for money ensuring risk to NIHE is minimised, and a collaborative approach to delivery is established with NIHE's Contractors.
- Assist with the regular dialogue between contractors and consultants to ensure effective progress of work. Raise appropriate certificates and instructions for issue to contractor/consultant.
- Authorise works instructions within designated approval levels ensuring correct cost centre allocation, priority and appropriateness of works description, including the approval of variations in time and cost where necessary. Authorise invoices for payment.
- Ensure all paperwork in relation to schemes is processed in a timely and effective manner ensuring information entered on the relevant IT system is accurate to enable effective performance monitoring.
- Provide technical advice to management and other members of the
9. Provide support in the development and implementation of risk mitigation for non-compliance issues and ensure these are actioned / mitigated / escalated in a timely manner to the Project Manager or Senior Project Manager.
- Effectively contribute towards stock and option appraisal of stock in your region including any regeneration initiatives.
- Ensure the effective commercial management of investment and landlord compliance contracts, setting and delivering performance standards, the pro-active monitoring of progress, the effective resolution of issues, and the delivery of value for customers.
Essential Qualification Criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent 3rd level qualification in Quantity Surveying or a related discipline plus at least 2 years’ relevant post
- BTEC Higher or equivalent qualification in a construction related discipline plus at least 3 years’ relevant post qualification experience.
Exceptionally, 5 years’ working experience in a construction related discipline.
Relevant experience must include demonstrable knowledge of building construction, standard methods of measurement, bill of quantities software packages such as CATO and use of software packages such as Microsoft Office.
For further information please contact Kennedy Recruitment on 02890 330 555
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
Due to the nature of the role you will be required to undergo an Access NI Clearance at a cost of £26.00.