Dementia Adviser Support Volunteer Jobs Vacancy at Alzheimers Volunteer Chichester
Alzheimers Volunteer Chichester urgently required following position for Dementia Adviser Support Volunteer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Dementia Adviser Support Volunteer Jobs Vacancy at Alzheimers Volunteer Chichester Jobs Details:
Dementia Adviser volunteers provide a key role in supporting Dementia Advisers to provide an effective information and signposting service working with people who need additional support to access information or services they have been signposted to. This role will based in Chichester and we are looking for someone who can volunteer for a morning or afternoon a week.
The role of the volunteer can include:
- Being an additional named contact that compliments the dementia adviser, supporting individuals who have a diagnosis of dementia, or are in the process of receiving a diagnosis, as well as their immediate family and friends.
- Meet people (at home if required) to support them in accessing and understanding information
- Meet people (at home if required) to support them in accessing services to which they have been signposted.
- Inputting information on Computerised Record System
- Undertaking Telephone Reviews
This role will suit you if you...
- Are able to communicate clearly
- Are a good listener, have empathy, are able to identify people’s needs and respond according to their preferences
- Have an understanding or experience of dementia, or are willing to learn
- Are able to maintain clear record keeping and have basic IT skills
- Are prepared to complete an induction into the role, necessary training and attend future support meetings
- References and an enhanced Criminal Record (DBS) check are required for this role
- No specific qualifications or experience are needed.
The impact you'll make
As a Dementia Adviser volunteer you will help the Dementia Adviser to support newly diagnosed people affected with dementia.
Information about the application process
Step 1: Pre-application: Input your details including name and email address to register your interest. Alzheimer’s Society will use this information to send you future Volunteer opportunity alerts if you opt to receive them, and to keep in contact with you about your application. By submitting this information you are indicating that you agree to this.
Step 2: Opportunity Alerts: Optional sign up for information on future vacancies at the Society
Step 3: Download and complete a registration form
If you have any questions or need more information about this role, please contact Louise Cruickshank (Volunteering Officer, Sussex), at email@example.com or phone 01403 213015
How to apply
Register your details and send your completed Volunteer Registration Form to Louise Cruickshank (Volunteering Officer, Sussex), either by email to volssussex @alzheimers.org.uk or by post to Alzheimer's Society, South East Area Office, Barclays House, 51 Bishopric, Horsham, RH12 1QJ