Graduate Environmental Scientist Jobs Vacancy at Jacobs Leeds
Jacobs Leeds urgently required following position for Graduate Environmental Scientist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Graduate Environmental Scientist Jobs Vacancy at Jacobs Leeds Jobs Details:
Working with members of the EIA and Planning teams across the UK to help deliver the environmental input for a range of infrastructure projects; these can include site based studies as well as desk based assessment.
- A relevant degree.
- An excellent understanding of environmental impacts associated with infrastructure developments.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong team working capabilities as well as the confidence to take responsibility for smaller tasks allocated to you on a more individual basis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including a sound knowledge of standard IT programmes; the ability to produce well-presented reports is essential.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to apply knowledge into practical schemes.
- A focus on results and project delivery.
- A Masters degree in a relevant discipline;
- Awareness of the planning system.
- Previous related work experience with an environmental consultancy, an environmental regulator, or relevant industry sector company; and
- Graduate membership of IEMA or other relevant professional body.
- Experience of environmental consultancy or arboricultural contracting.
- A willingness to learn new skills and apply them to a consulting setting.
- Experience of professional report writing and ability to analyse and present data.
- Experience of arboricultural data capture software.
- Willingness to contribute as a graduate to the wider ISS service provision.
Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) is recognised throughout industry as a benchmark of good practice and is designed to fulfil the needs of all graduates, in addition to technical development needs specific to their particular discipline.
Graduates complete a series of competencies based upon business requirements, comprising the optimum mix of blended learning which complements chartership progression and provides them with the technical and business acumen required to advance their career. Additional benefits include:
- An invitation to attend our residential 'Graduate Conference' weekend in the Lake District to meet Jacobs graduates from across the globe and members of senior management
- Paid holidays of up to 32 days; inclusive of national and public holidays
- A broad flexible benefits package including the option to buy additional holidays, travel insurance, contributory pension scheme and the cycle to work scheme.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY NOVEMBER 03 rd 2017
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.