Greggs Spar Bakery Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Blakemore Son Raunds
Blakemore Son Raunds urgently required following position for Greggs Spar Bakery Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Greggs Spar Bakery Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Blakemore Son Raunds Jobs Details:
20 Hours Per Week
Various to meet needs of business, between 5am and 6pm
Staff Discount, Staff Lottery, Company Pension Scheme, Savings Scheme, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Staff Social Fund, Life Cover, Health Cash Plan, Employee Volunteering opportunities
Dependant on age
February 11, 2018
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is one of the largest and most forward thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. The company began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 8,200 people with a turnover of £1.3 billion.
Food and drink have always been the lifeblood of A.F. Blakemore and the business now entails retail, trade-partners, wholesale, distribution, foodservice, and shop fitting operations amongst its divisions.
A.F. Blakemore is the largest division of SPAR UK, owning 298 SPAR stores and serving 950 in total across England and Wales. The company is also the largest member of the Landmark Wholesale (Cash & Carry) group and a significant supplier to the independent grocery sector across the UK.
A.F. Blakemore has always been committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with honesty and integrity. The company has always strived to build partnerships with suppliers and trade partners while never underestimating the role that it plays within the communities it serves.
Underpinning everything that A.F. Blakemore does is the company’s values statement, the Blakemore Way. This highlights what A.F. Blakemore stands for and the way that the company has always done and will continue to do business.
- To assist in maximising sales and profit by carrying out allocated tasks in order to contribute to the continuous improvement of the store and staff and provision of friendly, efficient service to customers, colleagues and visitors
- To deliver customer service in a friendly, professional and efficient manner
- The preparing of a variety of food items to the highest standards, in order to meet customer demand
- Ensuring that all areas of the shop and food products are displayed in a clean, tidy and attractive manner
- Seeking to maximise the sales and profitability within the store
- Working as a team with the Store Manager and other Team Members
- Reports all customer complaints to manager on duty
- To comply with relevant legislation and health and food safety responsibilities as defined in the induction period and training
- Adherence to cash and stock control policies
Key Job Info:
- May be required to work evenings and weekends
- Behave within the principles of the company’s values at all times
- Maintain employee and organisational confidentiality in line with the Data Protection Act
- Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity
- Comply with all legislative requirements as well as all company policies, procedures and processes
Skills and experience:
Education / Qualifications / Licences
- Basic education (numeracy and literacy)
- NVQ Level 2-3 in Retail Skills, Customer Care or similar is preferred but not essential
Skills / Abilities / Knowledge / Experience
- Previous experience in a customer service and/or catering environment would be desirable
- Reliably follows instructions and procedures
- Ability to contribute ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward
- Communicates in a clear, confident and enthusiastic manner
- Keen and enthusiastic approach to working both collaboratively and independently
- Some understanding of health and food safety and legislative responsibilities of a retail environment
Behaviour / Attitude
- Customer focussed and understands the importance of this to the business
- Demonstrates integrity, a strong work ethic and upholds the company values and principles
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Shows a commitment to ongoing personal development and training, always striving to improve