Financial Accountant Jobs Vacancy at Mishcon Reya Llp London
Mishcon Reya Llp London urgently required following position for Financial Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Financial Accountant Jobs Vacancy at Mishcon Reya Llp London Jobs Details:
Founded by Victor Mishcon in a one-room office in Brixton in 1937 we now have offices in London and New York, employ more than 800 people, with over 500 lawyers offering a wide range of legal services to companies and individuals. In every area of the law that we operate, Mishcon de Reya prides itself in providing a best in class service to its clients. Specifically we offer the following legal services: corporate; dispute resolution; employment; family; private client; and real estate. An entrepreneurial spirit - where candour and involvement are key - characterises our ability to develop and execute the strategies required to achieve our clients’ goals in all these areas. We are an independent firm with an international footprint that extends far beyond our offices in London and New York.
To provide a high quality accounting service to the Firm; to be responsive to the changing needs and priorities of the department and to provide ad hoc support to departmental colleagues as and when required. The individual will be working closely with the Senior Financial Accountant, Assistant Accountant and the Accounts Payable team.
- Full responsibility for the accounting of Mayfair Private entities, including reconciliations, monthly management accounts, weekly reports, quarterly VAT returns, reconciliation of intercompany balances, and annual accounts preparation;
- Preparation and review of monthly P&L’s - Departmental Contribution Statements / Overhead Statements / Firm Profit & Loss statements;
- Critical variance analysis of performance against budget and prior year of firms costs;
- Liaising with Business Operations managers to improve their understanding of financial performance along with preparation of monthly departmental reports;
- Responsible for Business Development cost allocation model, ensuring accurate reporting of Business Development costs and identifying variances to budget;
- Review of monthly balance sheet and reconciliations and responsibility for managing asset leasing schedule;
- Preparation of cost and overhead budgets;
- Review of weekly supplier/employee expenses payment runs ensuring appropriate authorisation and coding of invoices and expense claims;
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns for LLP;
- Assistance in the preparation of Annual LLP Accounts for audit review, liaising with auditors to provide additional analysis as required;
- Assisting with the month end closing process;
- Responding to ad-hoc information requests and performing ad-hoc data analysis;
- Input and recommendations to enhance current processes/systems/reporting methods;
- Ad-hoc project work.
- Qualified accountant with strong financial and management accounting background
- Legal experience preferred but not essential
- Significant experience of using Aderant, or other similar practice management system
- Excel/spreadsheet working to highest levels
- Ability to write and run SQL queries preferred but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to 'run with the program'