Senior Technical Authoring Specialist Jobs Vacancy at Mclaren Automotive Limited Woking
Mclaren Automotive Limited Woking urgently required following position for Senior Technical Authoring Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Technical Authoring Specialist Jobs Vacancy at Mclaren Automotive Limited Woking Jobs Details:
At McLaren Automotive our vision is not only to become the iconic sports car manufacturer but also to deliver breath-taking, iconic and innovative new technology to the automotive industry.
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our mission to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Technical Author to join our Service and Aftersales team based in Woking, Surrey.
- To manage the creation and maintenance of technical documentation for the McLaren dealer network for the servicing and repair of high performance vehicles.
- Continuously monitor and benchmark documentation from various disciplines to ensure McLaren Automotive is at the forefront of technological advances.
- Push the boundaries of technical documentation delivery focusing on the use of technology.
- Optimise documentation output to ensure the information provided to the retailer network is intuitive and accessible to all supported markets.
- Provide support for Service and Aftersales activities, under the direction of the Vehicle Serviceability Manager.
- Assist in the coordinated strip and rebuild of existing and future vehicles for technical documentation creation.
- Monitor Engineering changes and understand the impact to documentation, ensuring all documentation is kept up to date.
- To liaise with the Manufacturing, Quality, and Engineering departments to ensure the efficient and reliable data transfer to support Service deliverables.
- Liaise with other McLaren Automotive departments and suppliers, as required.
- Work with existing and future suppliers to ensure best fit for McLaren Automotive's technical documentation needs, while realising cost savings and efficiencies.
- Experienced in a high performance vehicle environment and fully conversant with all aspects of vehicle repairs and servicing. Experience within technical authoring roles from other engineering disciplines considered.
- A complete understanding of technical documentation and maintenance systems.
- Conversant with XML based desktop publishing systems.
- Conversant with CAD (CatiaV5 or similar) an advantage but not essential.
- A suitable higher education via City & Guilds or equivalent, or an apprenticeship is highly desirable.
- Well-presented and professional.
- Adaptable, quick thinking, decisive, showing strong initiative and self-determination.
- Strong planning and good follow up skills and meticulous in detail.
- A methodical approach.
- Confident with good interpersonal & communication (especially verbal & written) skills.
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Personal Lease Car Schemes.