Vehicle Engineer Train Control Connectivity Jobs Vacancy at Bombardier Derby
Bombardier Derby urgently required following position for Vehicle Engineer Train Control Connectivity. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Vehicle Engineer Train Control Connectivity Jobs Vacancy at Bombardier Derby Jobs Details:
Vehicle Engineer – Train Control & Connectivity (m/f)-TFEN-UKDY01521581
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology, offering the broadest portfolio in the industry. We cover the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling, and provide complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. In the UK, Derby is a global hub for Bombardier: the home of the hugely successful AVENTRA platform, it is a lead engineering and production site and has been responsible for engineering design for some of the world’s most exciting trains. As an innovation driver we continuously break new ground in sustainable mobility, and our integrated solutions create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. And, with headquarters in Berlin, Germany, our products and services operate in over 60 countries. We employ around 37,150 people worldwide, and over 3,500 in the UK, so join us and you’ll be part of a truly global team. You’ll share your knowledge and experience to help us connect communities, cities and businesses to new possibilities and, in return, you’ll have opportunities to make your own progress with us.
Currently, we have more than 300 highly skilled engineers working for the Derby site, in the UK, and we are looking to grow our team by adding a new colleague to our Global Vehicle Engineering Team.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Vehicle Engineer for Train Control is responsible for the electronic concept and architecture of the vehicle.
As part of the Global Vehicle Engineering Team, your work will focus on Brakes, Energy consumption and propulsion systems engineering. You must define the most optimum architecture, systems and components in terms of performance, space, weight and cost. Working both in projects as well as BID phase, you’ll need to analyze and assess the requirements of the technical customer specification, develop the technical concept, provide technical input and effort estimation. For the project phase, you will also be accountable for the technical and timely implementation (adherence to plan) of the electrical, motion and energy concept of the vehicle. This role also requires coordinating the system engineers and you will act as single point of contact for all tasks regarding the Motion and Energy Systems of the vehicle.
Vehicle Engineer – Train Control & Connectivity will work in close cooperation with the Senior Project Engineer, the Chief Engineer, the other Vehicle Engineers and the respective System Engineers.
- Define the train control architecture on vehicle level and the concept of the complete train control system including technology, performance, redundancy and alignment with mechanical integration on vehicle level
- Management of requirements, concept and interfaces within the respective scope and between the scope and other areas. Write the Key Requirements Document for Train Arrangement and Layout.
- Assure quality of the technical documents for the scope and consistency within the scope and at the interfaces with other areas.
- Risk assessment, providing support to the Safety team.
- Supports process, building block and product family standardization and development.
- Manage and lead the concept definition and support Verification and Validation for the scope.
- Ensure efficient management of experience feedback between previous and future project.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in engineering (preferable Electrical or Computer Science).
- Technical domain experience is essential (System Integration, System Architecture).
- You will have a sound understanding of defining, structuring and developing a rolling stock concept and design.
- Experience and hands on delivery of the design, analysis, development, testing and delivery of engineering solutions that solve complex requirements.
- You can provide technical expertise in vehicle level concept development.
- You can demonstrate the ability to use this technical knowledge in the support of other departments (engineering, production, procurement, projects) and the development of less experienced engineering personnel.
- Working on rolling stock bids deliverable
- Fluent English and able to work in a multicultural environment.
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative. You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Posting date: 15.11.2017
Closing date: 15.12.2017
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Derby
Employee Status: Regular