Composite Project Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Mclaren Sheffield
Mclaren Sheffield urgently required following position for Composite Project Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Composite Project Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Mclaren Sheffield Jobs Details:
At McLaren Automotive our vision is not only to become the iconic sports car manufacturer but also to deliver breathtaking, iconic and innovative new technology to the automotive industry.
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our mission to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
Our new Composites Technology Centre in Sheffield offers exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of the continued development of composite processes which is at the heart of McLaren Automotive's vision.
Job Title: R&D RTM Engineer
Department: McLaren Sheffield (MS)
Reporting to: Principal Engineer
Purpose of the Role:
- Development of PREFORMING (forming of advanced carbon fibre textile materials) processing technology for carbon composites components.
- Support the development of associated capabilities (People, Tooling, Machinery, Materials, Process development, quality, cost, productivity, supply chain).
- The scope of the role covers all projects from R&D stage to series production and vehicles in the field.
- Coordinate the work and delivery of development technicians or external development partners and suppliers
- Deliver all aspects of PREFORMING process technology in line with targets, KPI’s and milestones set by the Principal Engineer.
- Develop PREFORMING process that achieves the BOM cost target for the final part.
- Achieve the Investment Budget - including internal and outsourced labour, tooling costs and supplier or internal investment.
- Coordinate the work of a team of engineers and technicians.
- Develop PFMEA and process control plans for the PREFORMING process
- Achieve PREFORMING process capability and achieve the right level of part quality maturation as required at the various stages of a project.
- Provide advanced DFM (Design For Manufacturing) input to the Design and Engineering teams from the very early stages of any new project in order to achieve Right First Time (RFT) design releases.
- Achieve all aspects of Project Timing
- Innovation – contribute to the definition of the future component and system technical strategies and associated technologies roadmaps.
- Contain QCRs (Quality Concern Reports) within 24 hour.
- Solve/Close QCRs promptly and in line with McLaren PPS (Practical Problem Solving) system including a robust understanding and dissemination of lesson learnt that are aimed at avoiding problem repetition and continuous improvement
- Deliver continuous improvement to reduce cost and improve quality and productivity in series production.
- Deliver Technical Specifications for all systems (parts, tooling, machinery, materials) you are responsible of and in line with McLaren and VCA standards.
- Deliver Process Specification and associated manufacturing instructions including training documentation for the systems you are responsible of and in line with McLaren and VCA standards.
- Work closely and proactively with all other functions that link to the PREFORMING technology (PREFORMING, PREFORMING, Design, Quality, Purchasing) to maximise the overall team’s achievement.
- As the main centre for subject of matter expertise, make sure your team works closely with support functions like supply chain team to monitor current supplier performance and develop future supply strategies.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- An experienced automotive engineer with ability in coordinating the work and delivery of others.
- Experienced in an OEM or tier one with a high level of PREFORMING technical knowledge in advanced composites.
- Knowledge of an APQP or similar framework.
- Minimum 5 years experience in automotive
- Experience of high volume and niche vehicle (low volume) programmes
- Relevant Experience in Lightweight Body Design and materials technology
- Sound commercial and financial awareness.
Qualifications and Training
Personal Attributes :
- A good communicator with the ability to lead and motivate teams and work cross functionally.
- Adopts a creative & thoughtful approach to concept design and solving engineering problems with good attention to detail and an engaging mind, open to new problems outside their normal comfort zone.
- A natural mentor and coach who values personal relationships across the whole business
- Well organised and delivery focused – with demonstrable track record of on-time delivery in a high pressure environment.
- Capable of representing a world class automotive brand
All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail some less major duties allocated to the post holder, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Personal Lease Car Schemes, subsidised restaurant and onsite Gym. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.