Pts Care Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Arriva Transport Solutions Ltd
Arriva Transport Solutions Ltd urgently required following position for Pts Care Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Pts Care Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Arriva Transport Solutions Ltd Jobs Details:
Arriva Transport Solutions Ltd (ATSL) are recruiting for a Patient Transport Service Care Assistant to join the team based in Keynsham . The successful PTS Care Assistant will receive a competitive salary of £14,625 - £16,185 per annum.
Arriva Transport Solutions Ltd (ATSL) is a specialist transport business within the Arriva group offering bespoke services to meet specific transport needs across health and social care sectors. At ATSL we embrace the responsibility and challenges of providing a high-quality non-emergency patient transport service. The values we share with the wider Arriva group, of which we are a part, are at the heart of everything we do. These values ensure we put people first so that we can offer patients the care that they need and deserve. It is these values that ensure everyone at ATSL understands the important role they play in caring for our patients and that they receive the highest quality of care available.
Your duties as a Patient Transport Service Care Assistant would include:
- Helping patients out of their home and into the ambulance
- Planning your own workload to meet the needs of patients and make the most effective use of the time available
- Transporting patients safely, comfortably and in good time to their appointments
- Taking the patient home and making sure they are settled in before leaving
- Carrying out routine care of ambulance equipment and daily vehicle checks
- Keep an accurate records of journeys.
The people you would transport may be in very poor health. Some patients will be elderly, have physical disabilities or mental health problems. An important part of your work would be to show kindness and respect to often worried patients and their relatives.
You will often see the same people on a regular basis. Some of these people will be isolated and vulnerable, so a friendly personality is important.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience of the ideal Patient Transport Service Care Assistant are:
- Good driving skills (1 year driving experience in the UK with a full licence)
- A warm, outgoing and caring personality and evidence of a caring approach
- Empathy, with the ability to reassure anxious or worried patients
- Good spoken and written communication skills- must be able to complete paperwork accurately and clearly
- A strong sense of responsibility and a serious attitude to work- able to maintain patient confidentiality and have a smart and clean appearance at all times
- Good timekeeping and organisational skills
- The ability to work in a team and/or unsupervised
- Physical and emotional stamina
- Ability to work under pressure.
If successful in your application as a Patient Transport Service Care Assistant , you will take a two week training course in which you will learn moving and handling techniques, first aid, basic patient skills and safe driving techniques.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs ( https://www.safer-jobs.com ), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.