Technical Engineer Line Desktop Support Canary Wharf Jobs Vacancy at Kpmg London
- Technical Engineer Line Desktop Support Canary Wharf
- London ENG
- 16 Dec, 2017 30+ days ago
Kpmg London urgently required following position for Technical Engineer Line Desktop Support Canary Wharf. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Technical Engineer Line Desktop Support Canary Wharf Jobs Vacancy at Kpmg London Jobs Details:
AutoReq ID 129599BR Job Title Technical Engineer - 1st /2nd Line Desktop Support - Canary Wharf Country United Kingdom Location London Function KPMG Business Services Service Line ITS Service Line Information Over 1,000 people make up KPMG Business Services and they all play a key part in the firm's success. Whether they're in finance, procurement, HR, facilities, marketing or IT, they provide crucial support to the people who work in our UK offices. Flexibility and adaptability. These are just a couple of the things KPMG looks for in its IT Services team. We're a function of KPMG Europe LLP and, as such, we're a group that constantly needs to deliver a highly-flexible, customer-focused service in response to the changing needs of the business.
KPMG Overview Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
KPMG has a 60 strong local support team whose key responsibility is to provide desktop support (laptops and mobiles) to all UK colleagues. A key focus of the team is to always provide service excellence to our customers and for our colleagues to receive a service which allows them to make the best use of Information Technology. Situated geographically across the UK the team are the “face” of IT Services to the internal customer and provide support to all areas of the business.
Reporting into the Local Support team leader, this role is responsible for providing expert technical knowledge and the highest level of customer focused desk side support and hardware break fix solutions.
The team provide desktop IT support covering 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday, (early / late shift) 35hpw.
- Provide customer focused desk side support and delivery hardware break fix solutions, by diagnosing and resolving IT hardware and software problems, configuring PC’s, installing, upgrading and replacing core hardware and software, within specified SLA’s.
- Perform the team controlling/administration as appropriate.
- Travel to KPMG satellite offices when required to delivery desk side service.
- To provide local assistance to all ITS Resolver Groups in the delivery of IT solutions.
- To be involved, often as part of a project team, for IT implementations, installations and upgrades. This function may also include client site support for core products.
- Act as IT liaison and become involved in the implementation of best practice across business areas, by providing informal training and advice on the effective use of the firm’s hardware and software. Help colleagues within Operations by sharing information, knowledge and experience.
- Be willing to act as buddy to any new joiners or secondees into the team and deliver coaching sessions to colleagues within the team.
- Complete Local Support duties (eg issue of IT consumables, asset and warranty management) following agreed processes in a timely fashion ensuring data provided is complete and accurate.
- Apply appropriate resources, to the resolution of non-supported issues, on best-endeavours basis, seeking assistance from Senior Engineers and Team Leaders when necessary.
- The position holder must be capable of working within the procedures and guidelines laid down within the Quality Management system (QMS).
- Follow all Security and Risk protocols that are set out in QMS3591 and QMS3592 or are instructed by IT security/Risk management.
- Desirable Criteria
- Guidance and advice from Team Leader and when appropriate Local Support Manager and others across IT Services as required, jobholder will be expected to work with limited supervision.
- The ability to communicate with all levels of staff, management and up to Partner level. The main contacts will be within the Business and liaison with other UK IT colleagues.
- Someone who enjoys helping others.
- A good communicator and mediator.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Resilient, confident and tenacious.
- Solid responsible attitude and able to show discretion where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Hardware accredited for desktop & laptop for the current hardware supplier (Lenovo) for the firm.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours.
- Be prepared to travel to other sites/regions if required
- Minimum - O’Levels or GCSE equivalent. Good overall knowledge of IT.
- Will have worked within a Customer Services environment and been involved in relationship management.
- Good all round knowledge of IT and its use within a business environment
- Evidence is required of experience with First line, Desk side support or technical engineering
We’re at our best when you’re at your best; that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
Flexible Working While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy
At KPMG, we recognise that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand and appreciate that those with experience who have taken a career break still have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy