Forwarder Jobs Vacancy at Geodis Feltham
Geodis Feltham urgently required following position for Forwarder. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Forwarder Jobs Vacancy at Geodis Feltham Jobs Details:
Legal entityGEODIS is a Supply Chain Operator ranking among the top companies in its field in Europe and the World. GEODIS, which is part of SNCF Logistics, which in turn is a business line of the SNCF Group, is the number one Transport and Logistics operator in France and ranked number four in Europe. The international reach includes a direct presence in 67 countries and a global network spanning over 120 countries.
Why join us ?
Transport and Logistics form a key sector in the world economy. As a major international player on this sector, GEODIS is geared to full satisfaction of all stakeholders, starting with its workforce, more than 39500 men and women worldwide who share the same values of commitment, innovation, trust, solidarity and passion that form the pillars of GEODIS corporate strategy.
Type of assignment
Function - Transport Operations: road, ocean, rail, air
Position requirements and constraints (working hours…)
37.5 hours per week full time flexible hours required moving to shift work and shift allowance of £15 per day for a 07.00 am start
Southern Region, United Kingdom Geodis Wilson Uk Ltd Freight Management
Objective / Purpose of the Department
Geodis Wilson supplies and combines freight services, information management and added value into integrated solutions. As part of the Geodis Group, Geodis Wilson supports Geodis' capacity to offer customers one partner to solve their supply chain challenges worldwide. It has revenues of 2 billion euro's and more than 5000 employees working in 45 countries around the world.
Objective / Purpose of the Job (describe clearly the level of responsibility and expected results)
The import forwarder is part of the general import department. To provide an excellent customer service experience for our customers including clearances, quotes, arranging shipment/deliveries, invoicing and all other import functions as required.
Key Activities / Accountabilities
- Follow strict and time sensitive SOP's/KPI's to ensure compliance
- Work closely with internal and external customers
- Use of Next Gen/MS office as requested
- Invoicing and job costing
- Customs Entries
- Assist Supervisor and line manager where required
- Focus on customer service
- Regular customer communication / meetings and business reviews
- Month end department compliance
- Ensure all reports including internal and customer specific are completed within the deadline
- Resolve queries from customers and suppliers
- Operate within companies QA system
- Any other tasks as directed by their Supervisor or line manager
- Admin as required CIA/Netting etc
- Ensure Best Practice models are adopted throughout the department.
- Work closely with the Operations manager for Internal and external rates reviews.
- To take part in customer visits when required to build up visibility and relationships with customers.
- Manage shifts to ensure 100% customer coverage within the team
Essential Education and/ or Training
Further/Higher education certificated would be an advantage
Formal training in leadership and people skills is valuable.
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
Business related experience and experience
Proven customer service record and experience
Significant exposure to customers, suppliers, agents and networks.
Necessary Technical / Functional Skills
- Thorough understanding of customer needs
- Deep knowledge in of the international transportation and logistics industry, in export Air Sea Road operations.
- A knowledge and understanding of financials and impact on business
- A Good knowledge of IT systems and processes used in the transport sector
- Fluent in English, local language and any other languages required for smooth operation of business
- Result-oriented and driven to achieve goals and meet targets
- Ability to think tactically and strategically, can analyse situations both small and large
- Deep knowledge of the financial contexts the business exists within
- Profitability and result-oriented and always looking for improvement in our business processes
- Ability to create commitment and give directions as well as set and follow up clear objectives
- Communicative and with good influencing skills, able to create trustful relations in spite of cultural differences and geographical distance
- Strong leadership skills with a proven interest in the development of people and the organisation
- Team oriented
- Well organized with interest to develop structures, methods and tools
- Quality focus.
- Flexible in approach and happy to work shifts as required including weekends
Working time (%)
Europe, United Kingdom, England, Hounslow
Years of experience in similar position
Junior (1 to 5 years of experience)