Business Assurance Tester Investments Markets Jobs Vacancy at Barclays London
Barclays London urgently required following position for Business Assurance Tester Investments Markets. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Business Assurance Tester Investments Markets Jobs Vacancy at Barclays London Jobs Details:
Business Assurance Tester - Investments & Markets
As a Barclays Business Assurance Tester – Investments & Markets you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment, testing multiple aspects of the investments business including trading, portfolio management and funds. You will be in a key role as a trusted partner to the business, providing them assurance around the effectiveness of their procedures and controls. You will have the opportunity to foster strong working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders and a chance to utilise initiative in order to ensure the business remains within their risk appetite.
As a leading global wealth and investment manager, Barclays provides international and private banking, wealth planning, trust and fiduciary services, investment management, brokerage services and research to private and intermediary clients across the world.
The aim of Business Operational Control (BOC) is to contribute to the successful delivery of BIS’s business objectives in a controlled, efficient and effective manner. This is achieved by working as a trusted partner to foster proactive and forward-looking risk and control management in the business. The Control Monitoring Unit (CMU) is focused on independent assurance testing and is part of BOC, it works closely with the business to ensure procedures and controls remain effective via testing these on an ongoing and thematic basis.
As a Business Assurance Tester – Investments & Markets, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Best Execution; including daily monitoring & review of orders executed to assess quality of execution achieved & where not achieved escalation and resolution of these exceptions
- Enhancing and expanding the wider assurance testing to ensure this is in line with the risk appetite of the business and of sufficient depth and standard to make it effective
- Presenting MI (Management Information), both written and verbally from small to large groups of stakeholders
- Offering guidance to function and business heads on assurance testing, providing where appropriate recommendations for ongoing effectiveness
- Creating of presentations of sufficient quality to be reviewed by senior management
- Participating, contributing and at takes taking the lead on meetings with relevance to assurance testing As a Business Assurance Tester – Investments & Markets, your skills and qualifications will include:
- Previous experience in a similar role within financial services (preferable)
- Strong communication / presentation skills both verbal and written
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Stakeholder management, relationship building and influencing skills
- The ability to solve problems and make informed decisions, along with the ability to work on own initiative
- Strong attention to detail, planning and organisational skills
- Knowledge of investment management business (desirable)
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
Ready to apply?
There are three stages to our application process:
1. Application: On your application we'll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You’ll also be required to upload a CV, so it's a good idea to have it ready.
2. CV Review: If you meet the criteria for the role you’ve applied for, a member of our team will be in touch to conduct a short telephone interview to explore your application in greater detail.
3. Assessment: If your application is successful at this stage, we’ll ask you to complete an online Situational Judgment Test to explore your alignment to the Barclays Values and Competencies. Your recruiter will be able to provide further information about the test.
Visit our website for tips and advice on each stage www.jobs.barclays.co.uk/advice or click below to apply now.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.