Data Security Analyst Jobs Vacancy at Primark Reading
Primark Reading urgently required following position for Data Security Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Data Security Analyst Jobs Vacancy at Primark Reading Jobs Details:
We are currently recruiting for an IT Data Security Analyst to join our team in Primark.
In this role you will work across all IT projects to ensure security requirements are fully documented and understood. Ensure all new projects build in the appropriate security controls and measures to comply with policy.
Reporting to the IT Security and Privacy Portfolio Manager you will liaise with stakeholders to elicit, analyse, communicate and validate security requirements as a result of changes to business processes and information systems. This position requires an ability to understand security standards and controls and translate them into a model that will allow the organisation to achieve its goals.
- Collaborating with business unit and operations personnel to further Data security programs
- Deploying and managing data security solutions, data classification solutions and data security controls including data masking and encryption.
- Building security policies in security tools that are focused on addressing the need for secure handling of sensitive data
- Implementing written policies, procedures and standards of conduct regarding data security and governance
- Assist with data security activities including interviews, questionnaire creation, data collection, note collection, sampling and report writing
- Creating, developing and distribution data security reports and presentations.
- Perform assessment activities with focus on the integrity of the system security
- Review deliverables and processes for quality, completeness and data security adherence
- Review and make written recommendations for data sharing activities and database design activities to ensure data integrity
- Provide leadership in MARS (Minimum Acceptable Risk Standards) and Security Audits that occur during the project
- Ensure all documentation (ie. Data Sharing agreements, etc.) is collected and updated as appropriate
- Review and assess project documents and data security plans for quality, completeness, compliance, and effectiveness
- Ensure that all project identified processes and methodologies are executed and followed as applicable
- Review major deliverables from Vendors
- Identify and report project issues and risks
- Interface with vendor and business users
- Research and provide recommendations to the Security head on critical business decisions
- Collaborate with wider teams and business units to provide subject matter expertise and assistance as applicable
Need to haves:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in related field.
- Demonstrate experience of gathering requirements and converting them into a product vision.
- Experience in a similar role in within the Retail sector or a regulated environment
- A proven track record of working on security projects in a fast paced international organisation.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, and experience applying these skills.
- Strong collaboration and partnership capabilities – internal within the organisation and externally with key third parties
- The ability to build trust and relationships up-and-down the organisation
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to explain complex IT concepts to non-technical colleagues
- Clearly understand, apply and persuade others to use the necessary critical emerging technologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally to a wide range of people at all levels including communicating complex technical issues to non-technical user base.
- Experience of vendor management necessary.
- Experience identifying and understanding user issues and managing user expectations.
- Strong people skills –team leadership as well as team player.
- Pro-active and hands on - responds purposefully to events.
- High level of energy, curious minded, a positive can do attitude.
- Ability to operate within a highly pressurised and fast paced environment, consistently delivering results and achieving corporate objectives on time and within the agreed parameters.
- Sharp awareness of commercial reality; while being innovative and forward thinking.
- Ability to travel within Europe and work flexible hours as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status