Shop Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Sue Ryder Kings Heath
Sue Ryder Kings Heath urgently required following position for Shop Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Shop Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Sue Ryder Kings Heath Jobs Details:
Kings Heath, B14 6DG
Do you have experience in a customer focussed environment and would like a job where by helping customers you are helping others? If so, come and be a Shop Assistant with Sue Ryder.
Our shops are one of the most important ways in which we raise money to support people living through the challenges of life-changing illness. So when you work in one, you’re not just helping us to turn a profit – you’re helping to improve the lives of the people we exist to help.
As Shop Assistant your duties will include:
• Maintaining the shop to a high standard including creating displays to maximise sales
• Providing an excellent customer service including helping customers with stock enquiries
• Process donations and encourage new donors to sign up to Gift Aid.
• Process all sales in accordance with Sue Ryder’s policies and procedures
• Work closely and provide support to volunteers to ensure the smooth running of the store
• Embrace changes and development of new IT
• Taking responsibility for the shop in the absence of a manager
To be successful in this role you must have experience of working in a customer focused environment and cash handling. You must also
• Enjoy working in a team
• Have the ability to plan and organise your workload.
• Be flexible and willing to work extra hours when required.
• Have basic IT skills (experience of using an EPOS system desirable)
• Creative flair and excellent customer service skills
• Experience in handling furniture and/or large domestic appliances
*Competitive Benefits Package* - including 25 days holiday rising to 30 with service (pro rata if part-time), buy and sell holiday scheme, private pension, staff discount with thousands of retailers, enhanced maternity pay and lots more. Please visit our website for the full
We will be reviewing applicants as they apply.