Project Quality Manager Jobs Vacancy at Babcock International Bristol
Babcock International Bristol urgently required following position for Project Quality Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Project Quality Manager Jobs Vacancy at Babcock International Bristol Jobs Details:
The role exists in order to provide for the management of project quality arrangements across all aspects of our Hinkley Point C BNI project lifecycle for the Cavendish Boccard Nuclear joint venture and reporting into Project Quality Assurance and Surveillance Director. The role covers both internal and external activities, including the assignment of Project quality personnel as and when required.
The Project Quality Manager is responsible for ensuring that project ‘governance’ activities (e.g. audits) are undertaken to establish the implementation status of the above arrangements and the reporting of such information.
The Project Quality Manager will also undertake specific activities on behalf of the Assurance function as required.
- Developing and managing project quality arrangements.
- Proactively supporting and advising on all aspects of quality management on projects, including risks and issues.
- As required, effective management and utilisation of assigned project quality personnel.
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with both internal and external Customers.
- As required, ensuring quality requirements are defined and implemented as part of the project induction and training process.
- Establishing effective communication channels with Customers (internal and external) and Suppliers
- Developing and implementing appropriate auditing arrangements within the project, both internally and externally (e.g. Suppliers).
- Ensuring any project quality non conformances / issues are managed and closed out.
- Ensuring Supplier quality arrangements are reviewed and approved / acceptance in accordance with project requirements, including Customer approvals.
- Provide man hour/cost estimates as part of the quality input to bids / tenders and when requested provide estimates to complete to the Project Manager.
- Monitor progress against the project quality arrangements, identifying areas of concern to the project and where necessary escalate to Line Management.
- Liaising with customers to understand their requirements / expectations for quality assurance, quality control and inspection.
- Review of enquiry, tender and contract documentation with respect to customers’ quality requirements and contract specifications, identifying any project specific requirements which fall outside the company quality system.
- Undertake quality planning, including the preparation of the project quality documentation and as required the writing of project specific procedures / local working instructions. The inclusion of health, safety and environment aspects should be consider in drafting the project quality documentation.
- Liaison with project subcontractors and suppliers to ensure that the quality and specification requirements are understood.
- Review of purchase requisitions / purchase orders for quality requirements input.
- Participation in part in project meetings and contract review / handover meetings.
- Carrying out supplier assessments.
Role Qualifications & Requirements
- Good working knowledge of the Nuclear industry.
- Good working knowledge of all relevant regulations and legislation.
- Good working knowledge of the Customers quality requirements
- Good working knowledge and application of ISO 9001.
- Have a proven track record preferably gained within a similar role in the Nuclear or other highly regulated industry.
- People management
- Persuasive and influential.
- Flexible approach.
- Questioning attitude.
- Customer focused; both internal and external.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Computer literate with experience in using software packages relevant to the role e.g. word, excel, outlook, internet, etc.
- The ability to produce accurate and appropriate information (e.g. reports, data, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Proactively contributes ideas for change.
- Continually seeks to improve working practice, performance and productivity.
- Actively promotes health and safety.
- Ensures that procedures are consistently applied across projects.
- Ideally be qualified to a HNC or equivalent in a relevant subject e.g. engineering.
- Have recognized and demonstrable auditor training.
- Willing to travel to locations / sites throughout the UK and overseas as required.
The base location for this role is Aztec West, Bristol.
Successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
Please apply using the button below. Please include a detailed CV and a Covering Letter with your application.
Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
As part of the Group wide mandate, our Permanent Recruitment Supply Partner (Experis Group) will manage the recruitment process for all roles within Cavendish Nuclear.
Therefore, as part of the agreed Recruitment/Hiring Process anyone who applies to a vacancy will be contacted by an Experis Consultant to discuss the role and engage in a basic pre-screen questionnaire.
All details and information as part of the Recruitment Process (internally or externally) are treated with the utmost respect and confidence.