Shop Manager Jobs Vacancy at Greggs Plc London
Greggs Plc London urgently required following position for Shop Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Shop Manager Jobs Vacancy at Greggs Plc London Jobs Details:
Join the family
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
*plus sales related commission after training
Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours
Shifts: Float Manager Position
5 days out of 7 area covers Twickenham to Tooting
A mixture of shifts to cover holidays, opening and or closing of shops in the area
Managing your own Greggs shop requires passion. You’ll be part of a team that puts the customers at the heart of everything you do making sure their experience is a great one. How? Commitment, hard work and of course lots of fun along the way.
You'll set high standards and make sure your shop reaches them. You'll be in charge of achieving sales and profitability targets and discuss your performance regularly with your Area Manager.
As head of your own Greggs family, you’ll find the role both varied and rewarding; overseeing the training and development of every member of the team all whilst becoming part of the wider community.
You’ll find this is management at its most practical – you'll need to roll your sleeves up, get involved in food preparation, serving customers and make sure the shop is clean, hygienic and welcoming. It’ll appeal to your hands-on nature. Of course, that’s on top of all the administrative jobs you’d expect a manager to have.
Naturally, it’s a job that calls for a track record as a supervisor or line manager and a CV bursting with customer service experience. You'll need numeracy skills, basic computer literacy and a flexible approach to working hours. On a personal level, we look for problem-solvers who can manage change, communicate with people from all walks of life and continually focus on our customers.
If you've worked in food production or retail before, that’s even better!
Everyone in our family values hard work and commitment. Be brilliant in your role and you'll get some brilliant things back from us in return:
- Commission related to your sales figures
- Various competitions including a well rewarded Shop of the Year event to take part in
- Access to some great training and development activities
- Opportunities to develop and progress your career with us
To be able to:
- Deliver great service experiences for your customers
- Lead a high performing team
- Achieve consistently high standards
- Drive sales in your shop
- Contribute to the profit of your shop
• Our Greggs Employee Staff Discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
• Your holiday entitlement starts with 21 days, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
• After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme where the company distributes 10% of its profits and allows you to share in the success of the business
• You will receive free life assurance after 1 years continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one years’ salary
• You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
• Other benefits include:
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.