Accountant Jobs Vacancy at Subsea Aberdeen
Subsea Aberdeen urgently required following position for Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accountant Jobs Vacancy at Subsea Aberdeen Jobs Details:
The Finance Resource Centre (FRC) is a motivated, skilled and high performing organisation: a Finance Centre of Excellence. The FRC currently has an opportunity for an Accountant within the Cost Centre Reporting department based within the Westhill, Aberdeen office.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation of monthly reporting pack for departmental cost centres (both overhead & OOC) including variance analysis and LTF forecast. This will include monthly, quarterly & annual analysis and will cover gross cost and recoveries.
- Record actual results in the financial systems and prepare LTF forecasts using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Support the Team Lead/Operational Lead in compliance with the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements and ensure Group and Regional reporting objectives are met within deadlines set.
- Communicate with cost centre managers to plan, monitor and advise on financial performance, explaining financial information to non-financial personnel.
- Preparation of bottom up annual budget for relevant cost centres.
- Preparation of reconciliations and analysis with relevant and appropriate back up and critical analysis of the balances.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of Accounting Standards, principles and Group accounting policies to ensure they are applied and upheld.
- Provide coaching to the Associate Accountants within the Cost Centre team
- Identify process improvement (PI) opportunities.
- Focus on high level of service provided to stakeholders.
- Other ad hoc tasks and projects as required.
Qualifications and Education
- Educated to degree level within a relevant subject (Essential)
- Working towards a recognised Professional Accountancy Qualification/Qualified Accountant (Desirable)
- Relevant experience working within a similar environment (Essential)
- Understanding of chart of accounts, legal entity or management reporting structures (Desirable)
- Proven track record of good quality accurate analysis and analytical review (Essential)
- Working knowledge of Business Objects Financial Consolidation (BFC) (Essential)
- Detailed working knowledge of SAP and underlying modules (time allocations, Fixed assets, inventory, etc) that impact the General Ledger (Essential)
- Experience of running reports and data extraction for input into excel models (Essential)
- Ability to work with Excel (including macro models), Word and PowerPoint (Essential)
- Able to demonstrate excellent ability to work as part of a large team.
- Positive attitude and initiative, challenging the status quo with new ideas and improvements.
- Performance focus, first time right attitude, with good self-review skills (deliver quality products & services).
- Positive focus on customers and strives to improve, learn and utilise feedback.
- Anticipates potential problems and works to overcome them.
- Effective communicator with all stakeholders (e.g. Senior Management, Legal, Tax, HR, Technical Accounting team).
- Good time management skills - ability to independently, plan and prioritise workloads to meet tight deadlines.