Manufacturing Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Rolls Royce Derby
Rolls Royce Derby urgently required following position for Manufacturing Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Manufacturing Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Rolls Royce Derby Jobs Details:
We currently have an excellent opportunity to join the Engine Overhaul Services (EOS)-Off-wing Operations (formerly AR&O) as a Manufacturing Engineer (ME).
The incumbent will be a critical member of the team, working to deliver overhaul and repair capability for fleet critical capability, legacy products, and three new engine programs to enter service in 2017. The product focused activities will include the RB211-535E4, Trent 700, 1000, 1000-TEN, XWB, 7000, and beyond.
We deliver the best jet engines in the world. Through intelligent innovation and a collaborative approach, we're putting our customers at the forefront of the aviation industry-and we'll keep them there. Our product portfolio powers more than 35 types of commercial aircraft, and with over 13,000 engines in-service around the world, we’re keeping the world flying.
- Drive Manufacturing Engineering functional competencies and technical requirements within the EOS Engineering and Operations management teams-guiding and influencing the technical aspects of our Overhaul and Repair activities.
- Rely on High Performance, LEAN, and improvements focused behaviours and requirements while also looking to incorporate Integrated Product & Production Readiness (IPPR), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) & Technical Pack, and Rolls-Royce Production System (RRPS), and Zero Defect requirements.
- Respond to business requirements to improve and sustain Overhaul and Repair capability while developing Engine Manuals and Repair definitions. These activities directly bolster the EOS business strategy to ensure MRO engine delivery against customer commitments as the only wholly owned Civil Large Engine repair and overhaul facility in Rolls-Royces global MRO network.
- You will be instilling a spirit of innovation and continuous improvement while delivering compliant processes, methods, and systems to our customers, Rolls-Royce, and regulatory bodies.
Qualifications and experience
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent or aspiring to a degree level in an engineering discipline / manufacturing environment.
- Have knowledge of the foundational ME toolsets and best practice techniques for creating technical packs.
- Have experience of systems engineering and problem solving (7-step / 8D) methodologies or equivalent problem resolution techniques.
- Have strong customer focus, ability to effectively influence and challenge appropriately to manage customer expectations.
- You will be a 'people person' who enjoys engaging and working in a factory environment, collaborating at all levels.
- You will be a good problem solver and strong negotiator; you will be determined and able to combat resistance or setbacks to achieve your aims.
- Currently recognised or aspiring to become IEng or CEng accredited.
- Knowledge of EASA Part 145 is desirable but not essential.
- You will have good communication skills, capable of working with the minimum of direction.
- You will be able to work some Saturdays and you will be ale to work shifts.
At Rolls-Royce, we develop integrated power and propulsion solutions and innovative technologies that keep our customers one step ahead of an ever-changing world.
Create the performance of the future. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Job - Manufacture
Primary Location - UK-MID-Derby
Schedule - Full-time