Network Operations Team Leader Jobs Vacancy at Capita Plc Birmingham
Capita Plc Birmingham urgently required following position for Network Operations Team Leader. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Network Operations Team Leader Jobs Vacancy at Capita Plc Birmingham Jobs Details:
Capita’s partnership with Birmingham City Council, Service Birmingham is looking for a Network Operations Team Lead for a 3-month contract based in Birmingham. This role is part of the Network Services Team and supports and manages the operational team with technical expertise in data, security platforms and IP CCTV.
The role requires a detailed level of technical knowledge including Cisco routing and switching, Cisco Wireless, Juniper/Checkpoint firewalls and IP CCTV.
The ability to manage business as usual activities and delivering major projects as required by the business.
- To be the single point of contact for all escalations issues, reporting directly to the Network Operations Manager (Data)
- Management responsibility for approx. 6 (directly or indirectly) staff working within the Network Operations team
- Co-ordinate within the team and manage workload including tasks and priorities
- Effectively communicate with SMT, Peers and other functions…
- Setting and appraising team goals and objectives
- Define, document, enforce and follow procedures/processes
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities appropriate for grade as required and determined by appropriate manager
- Ability to explain technical issues in a clear and effective manner
- Demonstrate a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving
Relationships: Reports to Network Operations Manager (Data)
Level of supervision: Plan own work to ensure the meeting of defined objectives as individual and the team.
- Suppliers of Network equipment, maintenance and services
- IT functions in in Infrastructure and other Service Birmingham teams
- Client Services
- Local Authority Officers
- Customers of Service Birmingham
- BCC IT&D
- Detailed level of technical knowledge including Cisco routing and switching, Cisco Wireless, Juniper/Checkpoint firewalls
- Experience of working in a highly effective operations support role within a complex network environment
- Proven track record supporting and managing teams of ten or more consisting of operations staff.
- Experience of working within a busy customer/stakeholder environment
- Ability to deal with customers in a calm and controlled manner
- Ability to work logically, quickly and accurately
- Ability to organise, prioritise and monitor own workload and that of the team
- Ability to work flexibly and as part of a team to meet the team objective
- Ability to develop professionally on a continuous basis as an individual and team
- Educated to Degree level
- Optional but desirable: qualifications, or continuing pursuit of, relevant vendor’s certification programme (e.g. Cisco, Juniper)
- Prior management/team leader experience in a similar environment
- Working knowledge of other network technologies such as radius, proxy and DHCP
- Awareness of IP CCTV technology (especially Bosch/Samsung)
- Awareness of structured cabling
If you are interested in being considered, please apply asap alternatively if you are experiencing any difficulties with your application you can email your cv to Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org