Product Development Engineer Month Industrial Placement Jobs Vacancy at Company Newton Aycliffe
- Product Development Engineer Month Industrial Placement
- Newton Aycliffe ENG
- 18 Oct, 2017 30+ days ago
Company Newton Aycliffe urgently required following position for Product Development Engineer Month Industrial Placement. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Product Development Engineer Month Industrial Placement Jobs Vacancy at Company Newton Aycliffe Jobs Details:
3M is seeking a
Product Development Engineer IP
Safety and Graphics Business
Ready to be part of what's next?
Basic Salary : £18,000
Key Benefits Include :
• 25 days paid annual holiday, plus Bank Holidays.
• Contributory Stakeholder Pension Scheme
• Discount on 3M products
• Reduced subscriptions on various insurance schemes
• Employee Assistance Programme
Working within a busy product development environment, the successful candidate will be in our Personal Safety Division; focused on providing personal protective products (respiratory) for a global market.
Students are likely to be involved in the following activities:
- Ownership of a design project around modification of an existing platform or investigation or alternative concepts.
- Plan, execute and complete prioritised product development programs of major importance to our European PSD business, within agreed timelines
- Understand key product quality characteristics in line with customer requirements (global markets) as well as competitive advantage
- Develop an extensive understanding of PSD Market related technologies, applications and key market segments in order to anticipate and recommend significant future new product opportunities
- General development tasks in support of the development teams across portfolios.
- Researching critical product performance technologies
- Generating and analysing product performance data
- Maintain a flow of significant technical contributions, such as, material / product / process innovations, that lead to successful invention submission, patent publications and commercialisation of proprietary products
- Review, analyse and initiate resolution of product performance
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Predicted a minimum 2:1 degree in an engineering-related degree (preferably Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Product Design Engineering, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering)
- 300 UCAS points at A-Level (or equivalent qualification) including at least one STEM subject
- Predicted successful master degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Product Design Engineering, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, General Engineering)
- Minimum of 12.5/20 average score in all years
- Valid EU driving license
- Self-motivated and reliant
- Ability to take responsibility
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Able to communicate with people of all levels, across functions and externally
- Great practical/technical skills
- Ability/Willingness to learn quickly, expand knowledge/skill
- Innovative and creative
- Strong organisational skills
- Versatile and agile; comfortable with ambiguity
- Managing within a complex Matrix environment
- Awareness of product design
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft software applications
- Knowledge of polymers
- Knowledge of non-woven materials
- Knowledge of electronics
- Knowledge of 3D CAD, Modelling and Ergonomics
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing.
With $32 billion in sales, 3M employs 90,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 70 countries. The UK and Ireland is home to one of the largest 3M subsidiaries outside the USA, employing 3,000 people across 17 locations, including 10 manufacturing sites.
Products manufactured in the UK include coated abrasives, personal safety equipment, adhesive tapes, industrial microbiology products, drug delivery systems, high-performance coatings, secure documents, passport readers and imaging systems.
For more information, visit www.3M.co.uk or follow @3M_UK on Twitter.
Having any issues with your application? If so, please email Graduate.IPRecruitment.UK@mmm.com
Working at 3M
Unleash your potential.
Our success depends on the energy of our employees and the high quality of their leadership. Most of all it depends on their continuous improvement.
From sales to manufacturing to marketing to engineering, if you're committed to expanding your knowledge and gaining leading-edge skills, this is the place to do it. Professional development at 3M includes excellent training, continuing educational support, mentorship from smart, experienced people and more.
Move up - or move in new directions.
You'll find a strong promote-from-within culture here; it's an important aspect of our emphasis on learning and professional growth. You may also move between business units or even, potentially, to different locations around the world. That's one of the many advantages of our diverse business model and global reach.
Comprehensive on-the-job training and support will be provided to ensure that you are equipped for your current role and future career direction.
Please note – the closing date for applications is Wednesday 31st January 2018.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M. 3M is an equal opportunity employer.