Operations Manager Jobs Vacancy at Abb Home Based
Abb Home Based urgently required following position for Operations Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Operations Manager Jobs Vacancy at Abb Home Based Jobs Details:
Oversee all aspects related to the Service Operations of the local Drives Service unit including, Field Service, Technical Support, Supply Chain, Quality & Operational Excellence, Planning or Project Controls. Ensures strict adherence within the operations to the policies and required standards of health, safety and integrity.1. Strategy: With the service management team be responsible for supporting and developing/business action plans for the unit aligned with the Business Unit/Product Group strategy and targets. Monitors implementation and tracks any deviations for corrective action.
2. Personal Values: Self-motivated and organized individual who acts with the highest levels of integrity whilst valuing H&S above anything else. Willing to travel to meet Field Service colleagues and attend internal/external meetings. Ability to contribute ideas effectively both verbal and written communication to senior management and corporate customers. Be prepared and willing to understand other aspects of the wider ABB business.
3. Operations improvement: Develops plans, processes and KPI’s to lead the organization to the highest level of operational excellence including field service efficiencies while optimizing costs, working capital throughout Service Organisation. Ensures that the operations team meet customer expectations on quality, service levels (on-time delivery) and spare part lead time. Has a full understanding of the culture of continuous improvement behaviors and processes.
4. Health, safety and environment: Maintains compliance with health, safety and environmental regulations while effectively reporting and reviewing the H&S of the Field service team and support functions. Assesses risks and safety hazards and implements plans to ensure people and equipment safety including on-site audits, working with H&S advisor to maintain training and PPE/ equipment requirements. Creates and develops the RAMs with support of the FSE team.
5. Customer relations: Provides support to Sales staff by visiting customer to improve understanding of customer requirements in order to identify both potential constraints and solutions to these requirements from an operational point of view whilst finding growth opportunities.
6. People leadership and development: working remotely with the ability to motivate a filed based team. Ensures that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed to meet business growth demands. Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies using annual appraisal to set objectives. Ensures a succession plan is in place within in team.Essential
- Understanding H&S policies – RAMS documentation
- Process and process improvement using appropriate tools
- Managing and work with remote teams
- Technical background – electrical/ electronic HNC/D
- Customer facing experience
- Technical knowledge Variable Speed Drives
- Markets served within business
- Some commercial exposure