Head Privacy And Data Protection Jobs Vacancy at Bupa London
Bupa London urgently required following position for Head Privacy And Data Protection. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Head Privacy And Data Protection Jobs Vacancy at Bupa London Jobs Details:
Head of Privacy and Data Protection - London
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. With no shareholders, our customers are our absolute focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We have 16.5m health insurance customers, provide healthcare for 10.6m people in our clinics and hospitals, and look after around 25,000 aged care residents.
We employ over 80,000 people, principally in Australia, the UK, Spain, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Poland, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, India and the USA.
Health insurance is around 70% of our business. In a number of countries we also run clinics, dental centres, hospitals and care homes and villages.
We began in 1947 in the UK, when 17 provident associations joined together to form Bupa with the purpose of "preventing, relieving and curing sickness and ill health of every kind".
Privacy is a critical and increasingly high profile issue in the highly- regulated insurance, health and care environment. We have a need for a highly experienced privacy and regulatory professional, with significant experience in the UK and Europe and a track record of successful engagement with key stakeholders and broad-based businesses.
The role holder will act as the subject matter expert on privacy and data protection questions and developments for our Corporate Group population, as well as supporting the Director of Privacy and Data Protection on the privacy and data protection plans and implementation enterprise wide.
Accountabilities and Activities
- Support the Privacy and Data Protection Director in building and embedding a privacy organisational structure across the Bupa enterprise. This includes advising on privacy impact assessments, drafting privacy guidelines and templates, providing advice and guidance on key privacy and data protection issues, assisting in the running of Bupa’s Enterprise Privacy Committee, managing Bupa’s privacy working groups and liaison with the Chief Information Security Officer and information security teams on matters such as incident management, privacy by design and default
- Support business leaders, in the global and market unit functional teams on privacy and data protection and related issues including reviewing proposals and providing recommendations, guidelines and advice on relevant data protection laws and appropriate privacy approaches
- Effective co-ordination of Bupa’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) implementation programme for in-scope businesses, providing governance, support, challenge and oversight, with support from external advisors and internal teams.
- Work with Senior management and Risk and Compliance and Internal Audit teams to establish appropriate oversight and assurance of privacy and data protection risks
- Perform periodic information privacy risk assessments and conducts related ongoing compliance monitoring activities in coordination with risk, compliance and internal audit functions. Subsequently providing reports, insights and management information to enable continued performance improvement and increased capability.
- Works with other Heads of Privacy and management at Bupa’s market unit level, key departments and committees to ensure privacy practices and requirements are embedded.
- Initiates, facilitates and promotes activities to foster privacy awareness within the organisation.
- Reviews system-related information security plans to ensure alignment between security and privacy practices, and act as a liaison to the information security department on privacy and data protection issues.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable legal and regulatory requirements, and monitors advancements in information privacy technologies to ensure organisational adaptation and compliance.
- Supports the Privacy and Data Protection Director in fostering good relationships with the responsible regulatory bodies, and manages these in any compliance reviews or investigations.
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Qualified lawyer or equivalent qualifications as privacy professional
- This role requires significant knowledge and experience on privacy and data protection issues impacting the insurance, health and care industry. The right candidate will be able to draw on a foundation of regulatory and privacy expertise, augmented by the ability to engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- The right candidate will be highly commercial and business aware and able to place specific privacy and data protection issues within a wider commercial and regulatory context, and as part of an innovative digital transformation agenda
- The right candidate will be policy practitioners with direct experience in applying privacy laws in a regulated care and regulated financial services context
- Experience in applying regulatory knowledge to new products and services and excellent technical knowledge including advising on privacy-engineering techiques, data security, encryption, big data, profiling, etc.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex issues clearly and simply to an audience with different skills and levels of understanding
- Well-developed advocacy skills and experienced in negotiating and agreeing collaborative approaches with internal and external stakeholders
- Highly networked and a skilled relationship builder, with the ability to build and maintain strong networks of policy influence
- Organised and self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously and assume leadership of projects and initiatives as required
- Experience of operating in a complex operating environment with multiple competing demands. Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment.
- Global awareness and strong customer orientation
- Team player who is able to work effectively across different and diverse teams
- Demonstrated drive for results ability to deal with conflict
- Demonstrated ability to operate in line with Bupa’s Values
In return you will be rewarded with excellent benefits – including 25 days holiday, free healthcare, an excellent pension contribution and a subsidised canteen. You’ll also be supported in developing your skills with ongoing training and career opportunities.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
For further information on Bupa, our equal opportunities and your career with us, please visit www.bupa.co.uk