Graduate Town Planner Jobs Vacancy at Jacobs London
Jacobs London urgently required following position for Graduate Town Planner. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Graduate Town Planner Jobs Vacancy at Jacobs London Jobs Details:
The successful applicants will support a range of projects for clients in major public and private sector organisations with a focus on delivering large infrastructure projects across the South of England and in London. Specific duties associated with this post will include:
- Working as part of the Planning team to deliver a range of Planning and Environmental projects. This will include working alongside other disciplines as part of multi-disciplinary teams;
- Writing and reviewing planning deliverables to a very high standard. This includes high level options appraisals, preparing and reviewing documents for planning applications, and also planning policy preparation and advice;
- Been prepared to work on non-core planning activities such as consents management and environmental coordination.
- Identifying potential health and safety hazards of specific projects and demonstrating a commitment to your own safety and that of those around you;
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues;
- Supporting additional work opportunities to the Planning team through building strong relationships with our existing internal and external client base;
- Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems;
- Where appropriate, responsibility for the financial monitoring of projects, document control, progress reporting and other project management tasks;
- A good degree qualification in a relevant Planning or related degree (accredited to the Royal Town Planning Institute);
- Existing member or working towards Chartered Membership of the RTPI;
- A good understanding of how Local Planning Authorities operate;
- A good understanding of current Planning issues and the Planning process especially with regard to major development schemes and infrastructure projects;
- Strong technical ability with experience in Planning policy, Planning application and related areas including Environmental Impact Assessments and other Impact Assessments;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong organisational and numerical skills;
- Strong team working capabilities;
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to apply knowledge to practical situations;
- A focus on results and project delivery;
- Commercial focus.
- Flexibility to work in other disciplines related to planning, in particular an interest or experience of working in one or more of the following: Strategic Environmental Assessment, EIA and public consultation, socio-economic assessment or master planning.
Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) is recognised throughout industry as a benchmark of good practice and is designed to fulfil the needs of all graduates, in addition to technical development needs specific to their particular discipline.
Graduates complete a series of competencies based upon business requirements, comprising the optimum mix of blended learning which complements chartership progression and provides them with the technical and business acumen required to advance their career. Additional benefits include:
- An invitation to attend our residential 'Graduate Conference' weekend in the Lake District to meet Jacobs graduates from across the globe and members of senior management
- Paid holidays of up to 32 days; inclusive of national and public holidays
- A broad flexible benefits package including the option to buy additional holidays, travel insurance, contributory pension scheme and the cycle to work scheme.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY NOVEMBER 03 rd 2017
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.