Experienced Non Life Pricing Analyst Jobs Vacancy at Willis Towers Watson Reigate
Willis Towers Watson Reigate urgently required following position for Experienced Non Life Pricing Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Experienced Non Life Pricing Analyst Jobs Vacancy at Willis Towers Watson Reigate Jobs Details:
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Investment, Risk and Reinsurance
Our sophisticated approach to risk helps clients free up capital. We work in close contact with investors, reinsurers, and insurers to manage the equation between risk and return. Blending advanced analytics with deep institutional knowledge, we reveal new opportunities to maximize performance.
Insurance, Consulting and Technology
As an advisor to more than three-quarters of the world’s major insurers, Willis Towers Watson’s Insurance Consulting and Software business is the industry’s foremost risk specialist and a leader in financial modelling. Our software is used by the all of the top insurers and in recent years we have conducted pricing and underwriting reviews across many of the world’s prominent insurers.
We use our deep analytical skills to solve practical business problems, applying the latest techniques and software solutions to help clients improve their performance and create a competitive advantage.
Please note this role will be based in Reigate but we have offices in London, and will require flexibility from the successful candidate to travel between these locations as necessary.
We are looking for an experienced pricing practitioner to join Willis Towers Watson as a consultant in our general insurance pricing practice to help us develop our market leading pricing advisory capability.
You will deliver high quality work for our broad set of UK pricing clients, ranging from technical modelling, customer behavioural modelling, retail pricing support, advanced analytics and strategic reviews, working with our existing team of pricing specialists. You will be expected to manage small projects from conception through to delivery, including managing the day to day client communications and managing graduate level associates working on the projects. There will also be ad-hoc opportunities to work on secondment at Client Offices.
Willis Towers Watson’s pricing team works with almost all of the top UK insurers as well as intermediaries, data and software houses and other organisations, seeking to deliver market leading pricing solutions to meet the needs of each individual client.
You will have immediate exposure to real client assignments which will draw on your imagination and creativity as well as your ability to analyse data, draw conclusions and present results. These experiences will help build on your technical and overall industry knowledge. The role will involve:
- Undertaking substantial work streams in large projects and providing day-to-day input to projects, working with project leaders to understand overall priorities.
- Participating in regular interaction with clients
- Producing reports / communications with a client focus and working to provide solutions for senior project leaders.
- Working collaboratively on a range of projects / internal responsibilities and managing priorities appropriately
- Developing a profile within UK, European or global initiatives, working to support the delivery of commercially important work stream(s)
- Recognising the importance of intellectual capital and working with others to prioritise this appropriately
- Leveraging knowledge through training, development and mentoring of other associates
- Taking an active role within client relationship management when required
- Collaborating with a wide variety of people within the organisation in order to ensure best solutions to client needs (including with Insurance Management Consultancy, Underwriting, Reserving and Capital teams and EMEA offices)
- Proactively identifying innovation opportunities
- Minimum of a 2:1 degree in a Mathematical or Scientific subject
- Strong working knowledge of insurance analytics techniques such as Radar (Emblem skills are an advantage)
- A working knowledge of SAS/SQL/WPS or other data manipulation tools
- Some skills and aptitude for learning new packages including open-source software such as R
- Open to the ever evolving nature of analytics
- Insurance background, with pricing background as a minimum
- An interest and have an aptitude for developing new ideas and techniques
- Work collaboratively with fellow colleagues (UK and EMEA)
- Ability to write client deliverables / reports in a clear, concise and appropriate style
- Proactive, energetic, and can demonstrate being a “safe pair of hands”
- Keen to largely specialise in pricing, but across all aspects of pricing
- Excellent project management skills
- Willingness to travel to client sites when required
- Experience of pricing for the aggregator channel, claims systems/processes, data enrichment, data hubs and IHP
- Expertise in emerging analytics techniques and open-source tools