Developer Jobs Vacancy at Virtus Partners London
Virtus Partners London urgently required following position for Developer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Developer Jobs Vacancy at Virtus Partners London Jobs Details:
IT professional with experience in C# .NET, and Microsoft Transact-SQL. The individual will be responsible for supporting and maintaining existing applications, processes, and users.
- The development team owns the full software life-cycle of the project. The role therefore includes understanding requirements, interacting with clients directly, design/code/test/implement and production support of the platform.
- Self-starter with ability to build working relationships and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take full ownership and drive projects and tasks to completion.
- Review, discuss and work within agreed timescales and provide feedback to project managers as necessary.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible.
- Experience of Agile development processes
- Strong problem solving and logic skills.
- Able to assist other Developers as necessary.
- Able to evaluate and propose new technologies where appropriate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative style.
Education/Training (or equivalent):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred, but comparable work experience will be considered.
Experience (Type of work experience, minimum number of years):
- Minimum of 7 years total software development experience.
- Minimum of 5 years application development incorporating concepts of Object Oriented Development and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Minimum of 5 years experience programming with the .NET framework, preferably C#.
- Minimum 5 years experience with SQL (any of MS SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience of Python a plus
- Experience of F# a plus
- Experience of AWS / Azure a plus
- Financial services experience, particularly with Collateralized Debt Obligations (CDOs) or fixed income/structured finance instruments, is a plus.