Operations Manager Jobs Vacancy at Willis Towers Watson Redhill
Willis Towers Watson Redhill urgently required following position for Operations Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Operations Manager Jobs Vacancy at Willis Towers Watson Redhill Jobs Details:
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Human capital and benefits
High-performing institutions cultivate and grow talent, carefully balancing costs and rewards. From employee benefits to executive compensation, we take a rounded perspective, based on leading-edge thinking, data, analytics and software, unearthing new ways to motivate people, foster wellbeing and implement solutions that work.
To work within the Operations team to oversee and hold accountability for the delivery of administration services to a portfolio of TAS clients. Work with the TAS UK Leadership Group to identify opportunities for change and improvement in service delivery. Manage large teams of colleagues across multiple disciplines.
- Manage allocated business unit with direct reporting from Administration Manager(s) and Team Leaders(s).
- Apply WTW Operational Management Framework disciplines and ensure methodology is applied by Administration Manager(s) and Team Leader(s).
- Update Head of Operations / Director of Operations on a regular basis, or as necessary, on all current work issues and review, on a monthly basis, all aspects of their role.
- Liaise, with Operations Managers, Administration Managers, Team Leaders, Client Managers, Systems Manager and Contact Centre Manager over resources, workflow and client expectations.
- Contribute to the overall TAS communication framework, via monthly team briefings to include the local implications of firm and practice wide communications.
- In conjunction with the Client Managers, ensure that all service agreements, delivery promises and performance standards are met.
- Provide support and leadership (where necessary) to Client Managers and Administration Managers dealing with client relationships and overall delivery of TAS services.
- Take ownership of and be responsible for any client service recovery plans and effect change to introduce improvement of operations where necessary.
- Maintain control over the teams and their workload in terms of quality and achievement of service levels.
- Ensure that monthly and annual work plans are prepared and adhered to for all your clients.
- Scope and project manage any special projects in conjunction with Client Managers and Systems Development teams.
- Identify areas where the service to clients could be improved and/or expanded.
- Identify and work with the Client Managers, Administration Managers and Team Leaders to improve operational efficiency and reduce costs, e.g. automation, full use of standard products.
- Ensure that fee invoices are prepared and issued by the date set by Finance.
- Ensure all work is identified and charged, in particular, work requests and projects outside agreed fee basis.
- Be a point of reference on technical matters and non-standard cases.
- Oversee handling of complaint cases and act as escalation point for complex issues. Provide guidance to administration teams and ensure the TAS complaints procedure guidelines are applied.
- Keep abreast of all changes in legislation, and manage the impact on client services, procedures and fees.
- Participate in and contribute to LOB level initiatives / steering groups to develop new working procedures and client solutions to accommodate new legislative and industry best practice requirements.
- Work with the Professional Excellence team to develop new operational controls and efficiency improvements for the overall LOB.
- Liaise with Client Manager/Benefits concerning benefit changes, ensure the administration team understand the impact and make appropriate changes to calculation routines, procedures, reporting and fees.
- Contribute to the resource strategy and recruitment plan of the LOB and identify future resourcing needs (and skills required/lacking).
- Manage recruitment and selection process for allocated business unit.
- Carry out performance/appraisal reviews and where necessary initiate performance management.
- Manage career development for allocated business unit teams, to include coaching, mentoring, leading and monitoring.
- Motivate and reward in order to retain key individuals.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and provide direction and guidance to your business unit teams.
- Participate in new business presentations as required.
- Project manage new client implementations, to include service delivery and managing the budget as required.
- Identify areas where the service to clients could be improved and communicate findings to Administration Manager(s) and Professional Excellence team.
- Challenge procedures and identify process improvements and pass on recommendations to Administration Manager(s) and Professional Excellence Team.
- Line management responsibility for Administration Managers and Team Leaders within allocated business unit, to include Annual and Mid-Year Review processes and career development assessments.
- Ensure continued development of Administration Managers through exposure to future opportunities to acquire new skills and to expand areas of expertise.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure high levels of service are achieved.
- Take ownership for and fulfil lead client facing role on allocated clients in conjunction with Client Management Group. This will include short term roles for rectification and recovery projects for clients at risk.
- Provide and efficient, professional service to meet all client needs and to promote the Towers Watson brand.
- Monitor financial targets in terms of:
- Cost control; Profit and Debtor Management
- Ensuring that all teams operate within agreed budgets and achieve agreed targets.
Experience and Skills
- Demonstrable experience of Operations Management role with direct responsibility for service delivery and client facing responsibilities.
- Relevant professional qualification – PMI / CII or equivalent industry standard.
- Strong technical knowledge of pensions legislation – both current and historic.
- Strong interpersonal skills to include good written and verbal communication and presentational skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi task, controlling multiple concurrent projects.
- Computer literate including competent IT skills with Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrable problem solving and analytical skills relevant to a management role.