Private Lawyer Solicitor Jobs Vacancy at Spinwell Global London
Spinwell Global London urgently required following position for Private Lawyer Solicitor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Private Lawyer Solicitor Jobs Vacancy at Spinwell Global London Jobs Details:
Job Title: General Private Lawyer
Client: Treasury Solicitor's Department (TSol)
IR35 Status: IN Scope
Location: Inner London, One Kemble Street
Contract Length: until 16/06/2018
Security Clearance Level Required: DS
This team in GLD is responsible for the successful handling of litigation on behalf of a large number of government bodies. The work is mainly as defendant and the team handle a wide range of claims including damages for unlawful detention by the Home Office, personal injury, stress at work and inquests.
The team are looking for an experienced lawyer to assist in what will be a busy and varied private law caseload. The majority of the work will be acting on behalf of the Home Office in dealing with claims for damages for unlawful detention in an immigration context. The main other type of work is acting for Government Departments as defendants to personal injury claims brought by employees and others. The PI claims range from routine trips and slips to noise induced hearing loss and asbestosis/mesothelioma claims. The position is for a Grade 7 lawyer. The ideal candidate should have strong post qualification experience in civil litigation and will be required to handle all aspects of their cases from pre-action stage up to and including appeals.
- Uses a process of analysis, planning, scheduling, prioritising, action, quality monitoring and review.
- Takes responsibility for own work with substantial degree of autonomy but knowing when to consult and to delegate.
- Gives early warning to those affected by changing priorities, including the Reporting Officer.
- Displays an understanding of the resourcing requirements of own cases.
- Has up-to-the minute case files readily available.
- Displays an understanding of the context in which GLD operates.
- Displays the professional attitude that GLD and their clients expect from a member of an organisation with a high reputation.
- Adopts a style most likely to build an effective working relationship with GLD and their clients.
- Responds to reasonable GLD requests including agreeing achievable and realistic actions, timescales etc.
- Acknowledges GLD’ concerns and works to alleviate these in a way that balances GLD and Agency needs.
- Is alert to media interest which may have an impact on the reputation of GLD and/or the Agency.
- Helps other team members to meet tight deadlines to preserve GLD’s reputation.
- Display Civil Service Values, help other people, focus on customer service and look proactively for solutions.
- Keeps abreast of legal developments and current thinking on related policy issues.
- Uses training and other methods to refresh and improve their skills and knowledge
- Strong private law civil litigation experience essential
- Good drafting and written skills essential
- Ability to meet time and billing targets essential
- Experience in managing a busy civil litigation caseload essential
- Experience in personal injury claims desirable but not essential
- Judicial review experience desirable but not essential
- Public sector/Central Government experience desirable but not essential
- Experience of a Case Management System desirable but not essential
Desirable : 3 years + PQE