Production Intern Velocity Jobs Vacancy at Viacom International Media Networks London
Viacom International Media Networks London urgently required following position for Production Intern Velocity. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Production Intern Velocity Jobs Vacancy at Viacom International Media Networks London Jobs Details:
Do you thrive on working in a fast paced environment? Are you impeccably organised and love a good list or spreadsheet? Do you love the idea of supporting a leading creative team?
Then this could be the role for you!
We have an exciting opportunity for a 12 month paid internship within Viacom Velocity International, the in-house Creative agency. Working with some of the biggest brands in the world; including 20th Century Fox, Sony Pictures, Universal Pictures, Heelys, Footlocker, Adidas and many more.
As the Production Intern, you will be crucial in supporting the daily workflow of the department.
We produce short-form promotional and sponsorship content such as sponsor billboards, promos and commercials, in conjunction with MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount & Comedy Central across TV, digital and social. As well as supporting events, such as Isle of MTV and the MTV European Music Awards.
The Intern reports into the Executive Production Manager and works directly with the Creative Director, Production Manager and Producers, supporting from conception to delivery on a range of exciting projects.
If you have the passion and drive for this opportunity, then tell us all about it in your application.
PRODUCTION (50% of the remit)
- Assist in keeping the weekly Production meeting google docs updated, and printing out and issuing for meetings
- Liaising with Copy Central and submissions
- Bookings with external Audio facilities and Voiceover agencies
- Manage bookings of internal department edit facilities / Macs allocation / Desk space
- Liaise with office services/ IT to arrange computer set ups and logins for new starters/freelancers
- Update & maintain excel contact databases with freelancers, external production companies & VO agency details
- Record all bookings accurately in the shared department outlook calendar and Mac Allocation doc, updating as required
- Exporting low res client files, such as H264 mp4s
- Booking in and out of in-house camera/lighting kits & hard drives
- Promo & showreel edits (where appropriate)
- Sourcing files for live projects/ pitches and show reels
- Downloading of digital project assets. Updating tracking document and chasing contacts where required
- Delivering TX files i.e. MXF files, and liaising with international teams for deliveries and content sharing
- Music Cue sheet generating using internal systems
- Raising PO's for the Production Coordinator for voice overs and delivery costs
- Assist Production Manager with copying and scanning of production documents
- Book taxis/ couriers/ post room – record costs & budget codes on Excel spreadsheet – report to PM monthly
- Managing petty cash & receipts when required
- Keeping a log of the cabinets’ content
- Oversee the departmental digital library system, assist with archiving, file sharing and storage
- Research and contact new suppliers; as required for bespoke projects; collating and presenting findings back to Production Team
- Liaise with security – arrange freelancers building access, both temporary and long term, pending project
- Running errands, e.g. purchasing hard drives for the dept
- Research for presentations, show reels and pitches
- Assist in creating documents for presentations/ client meetings
- Downloading files from FTP links
- Attend brainstorms and submit ideas for development
- Hardworking individual that copes well in a fast paced environment
- Pro-active, helpful, quick learner, who can use their initiative and are able to think on their feet
- Good communication skills are a must as we are a busy team. The individual should feel comfortable in asking questions but also be able to use own initiative to trouble shoot
- A high level of attention to detail is very important, along with the ability to prioritise and organise according to the department needs
- Basic video editing skills. Ideally on Adobe Premiere skills or Apple Final Cut Pro
- Basic Microsoft Excel skills are a must
- Basic Adobe Photoshop/ Adobe Illustrator/ Adobe In Design skills, an advantage
- Adobe After Effects skills, an advantage
Viacom Core Competencies:
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communicates and Listens
- Builds Relationships
- Personal Effectiveness
- Takes Initiative
- Manages the Work
- Composure and Flexibility
- Acts with Integrity
- Creative Excellence
- Passion & Optimism
- Teamwork & Transparency
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role.