Field Service Engineer Unity Jobs Vacancy at Elekta Crawley
Elekta Crawley urgently required following position for Field Service Engineer Unity. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Field Service Engineer Unity Jobs Vacancy at Elekta Crawley Jobs Details:
Are you a current Elekta employee?
Please click here to apply through our internal career site Find Jobs - Elekta .
Want to join a team with a mission to improve and save lives?
We continually look for motivated and skilled individuals who are interested in supporting our customers – healthcare professionals who use our products to help patients and their communities.
We currently have the following opportunity available - please contact us for more details!
Elekta empowers talented individuals to improve, prolong and even contribute to saving patient lives. While we work to provide intelligent and resource-efficient solutions that offer confidence to healthcare providers and patients, among our most satisfying accomplishments is the ongoing personal development of our staff. It can be a rewarding and empowering experience working at the forefront of pioneering medical technology.
This is an exciting specialised, field support engineer role created to enable the business to provide support to the Unity product from a serviceability, maintenance and testing perspectives, commence the process of service preparation and service delivery at Elekta Unity sites.
It is envisioned that these FSEs become “Foundation” engineers, initially working with the product supply centre in the development of the product and later themselves becoming service technical leaders in their respective business units to implement the required service delivery skills and processes necessary to support the new systems in the field.
The MRI Linac Field Service Engineer will be based in the South of England
Key responsibilities will be:
- Work with early module and system configurations in support of the design, make and test process. Including documenting, reporting and analysing of data. Project
- To work in a new manufacturing environment in the production of early Unity systems. To develop SOPs and TRSs for transfer into service procedures. Project
- Accumulate knowledge and expertise and transfer that into 4th line support activities e.g. planned and corrective maintenance; spare part replacement; service workflow design and test; training course structure and content including lesson plans; installation sequence;
- The ability to work with partner organisations like Philips Healthcare to ensure seamless communication and corrective action of supplier’s subsystems.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction.
- To use appropriate IT information systems to ensure data is always up to date and accurate e.g. Movex, CLM,
The activities include planned maintenance, emergency corrective maintenance, upgrades, and installation work, courtesy calls to local customers and telephone support either from the local office or from a remote location. Jobs can either be completed within 1 day or may require the engineer to be away from home for several days at a time. There is also a need for travel to sites outside of the UK in the initial 12 month period. Technically the work involves a very diverse skill set including fault finding complex electronic systems down to component level, HT and RF power generation, vacuum systems, water systems, pressurized gas systems, mechanical assembly and adjustment of the radiation beam to achieve the required output specification. All work is to be carried out in accordance with Elekta’s safety instructions and procedures. Any issues or problems that may adversely affect Elekta, the product, its ongoing reliability or the safety of any personal must be reported to the Service Manager in a timely manner.
Training and assessment is carried out both in the classrooms, potentially Crawley or on site as necessary. Engineers will not be deemed to be competent to install or maintain a product until the Service Manager has confirmed that the relevant competences and skill have been achieved. Engineers with the relevant knowledge and experience will be expected to guide and assess other engineers on site and advise the Service Manager accordingly. Upon completion of any work on site, the engineer is required to complete and submit to the appropriate manager the relevant reports and documentation.
The individual in this team is expected to be first and foremost a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and dedication to our customers.
First 6 months – PSC Crawley 50% of time. 50% of time at customer site(s).
Travel will also be required outside the UK predominantly in the first 12 months.
This role will be both home and office based role with a requirement to travel within the UK, but also internationally.
- Note: Consortium sites are customers who have committed to work with Elekta to test and develop the new system prior to commercial release
- To be able to fault find and repair at board level & below.
- To be able to manage own workload.
- To have a strong customer focus and have excellent customer service skills. To ensure that all customers are provided with high quality care and attention throughout the sales and service process, so that each customer is fully satisfied with the support they receive from Elekta.
- To engender and support Elekta values
- To represent Elekta in a professional and positive manner
- To complete the administration requirements of the role in accordance with the quality system in a timely and accurate manner.
- To follow at all times Elekta’s quality and safety policies.
- To be prepared to work as required at times and locations dictated by the needs of the customer and Elekta.
- To provide feedback to project teams and line manager any problems, solutions or opportunities which may need to be communicated to other parties.
- To carry out without supervision corrective maintenance within acceptable time-scales prompting escalation of the problem if required and maintaining ownership of problem until customer is satisfied.
- To install without supervision all systems within the product portfolio to the required specification and within the project time-scales.
- Demonstrates innovation and use experience to influence design changes to improve product performance.
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of all Elekta products in the service portfolio.
- To provide training to other staff when necessary
- No budgetary responsibilities
- No Line management or supervisory responsibilities
- Responsible for completing set jobs in timescales determined by Service manager
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in servicing Linac systems or very similar technology
- Excellent knowledge and proven skills in electronics, mechanics, pc’s & servers, networking, high vacuum, high/low voltage & current, diagnostic equipment and a general knowledge of all engineering disciplines.
- Minimum HNC or equivalent in a related engineering discipline[s].
- Extensive practical, manual and workmanship skills
- Highly motivated, dynamic, have good leadership skills & be a good problem solver.
- Competent with relevant IT technology including Windows OS, Microsoft Office applications, networking.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in a service environment.
- Proven ability to manage one’s own environment and complete the tasks deployed to them.
- Demonstrable drive and commitment to Elekta and the tasks in hand.
- Clean Driving License.