Volunteer Cafe Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Epilepsy Society Chalfont Saint Peter
Epilepsy Society Chalfont Saint Peter urgently required following position for Volunteer Cafe Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Volunteer Cafe Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Epilepsy Society Chalfont Saint Peter Jobs Details:
Volunteer: Cafe Assistant
Are you interested in getting some experience in catering or have some spare time each week to join our friendly team? Then why not become an Epilepsy Society cafe volunteer?
Our on site cafe is open to residents, staff and members of the public. We are looking for a friendly and practical person who could help us serve a variety of affordable food and drinks; interact with our customers and ensure the cafe is kept clean. We do not have set hours for this role however we are ideally looking for someone who can offer a few hours of their time each week.
What skills do I need?
- A friendly disposition
- Good communication skills
- To be an effective listener
- A willingness to undertake training in basic food hygiene and till operations
What support will we give you?
- We aim to ensure that our volunteers are matched to roles that fit their skills and experience.
- You will be provided with induction training before you start your volunteering role and relevant training throughout the course of your time with us
- Guidance from a mentor whilst volunteering
- We provide you with insurance cover
- We pay out-of-pocket expenses
- You have the option to become a free online member of Epilepsy Society
What will you gain from this opportunity?
- develop new relationships with individuals who have epilepsy, and some of whom also have associated learning and/or physical disabilities
- gain new skills and confidence
- meet new people and make friends
- be part of a great team
- have a sense of achievement
- have fun
An Enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this position.
Epilepsy Society is registered as a Disability Confident Committed Employer (Level 1): if a candidate declares a disability and meets the minimum requirements of the role they will be considered for interview.