Executive Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Sevenoaks School Sevenoaks
Sevenoaks School Sevenoaks urgently required following position for Executive Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Executive Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Sevenoaks School Sevenoaks Jobs Details:
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with previous Executive Assistant or PA experience at senior level, who is interested in being involved in a fast-paced and rapidly developing school community. The post holder will provide first class secretarial, administrative and organisational support to the Bursar of Sevenoaks School, allowing her to meet all of the competing demands on her time and energy. The work will be varied, interesting and challenging and will require a high degree of professionalism and discretion given the sensitivity of many matters that will be dealt with by the Bursar and her assistant.
The role reports to the Bursar and Clerk. However the post holder will develop good working relationships with colleagues of all levels within the school, and will enjoy working within a highly professional, collaborative and collegiate environment. There will also be frequent contact with governors, trustees, various professional advisors and other external connections.
- Develop a knowledge and awareness of the ethos and mission of the school, its activities and future plans, and the identities and various responsibilities of staff, particularly those in regular contact with the Bursar
- Act as the first point of contact for staff, parents, and visitors to the Bursar, communicating effectively and promoting the reputation of the School at all times
- Maintain the complex diary for the Bursar, ensuring that scheduling is aligned with working priorities and objectives, and makes the most effective use of available time
- Deal with all incoming emails, post and phone calls; prioritising and either responding or forwarding to relevant colleagues, consulting with the Bursar or others as necessary. For complex or longer running queries/issues, it may be necessary to make further enquiries, prepare a verbal or written briefing, and make recommendations for action
- Organise internal and external meetings, book venues and meeting rooms, make arrangements
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Outstanding experience of working as a PA / Executive Assistant in a complex and busy environment
- Ability to plan and manage own work, prioritise competing demands and meet multiple or simultaneous deadlines
- A working knowledge of Data Protection requirements (ongoing training will be available)
Contract and Salary
This is a full-time all-year round role based on 40 hours per week. Office hours are normally 9:00 to 5:00, but additional hours are likely to be required from time to time to meet deadlines. You may also be asked to help with, or invited to attend, occasional evening or Saturday events. A competitive salary will be offered, subject to the qualifications, skills and experience of the successful candidate, but is likely to be in the region of £35,000 - £40,000 p.a.