Turkey Team Volunteer London Office Jobs Vacancy at Amnesty International London
Amnesty International London urgently required following position for Turkey Team Volunteer London Office. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Turkey Team Volunteer London Office Jobs Vacancy at Amnesty International London Jobs Details:
Duration: 3 months minimum
Hours/Days per week: 2-3 days, flexible schedule
Location: IS, London
Languages required: English & Turkish
Brief description of the team:
The Turkey team is part of the Europe Regional Office and is composed of a Researcher, a Campaigner and a Research, Campaign and Communications Assistant. The team is responsible for Amnesty International’s research and campaigning on human rights in Turkey.
The volunteer would support the team with media monitoring and desk-based research on specific issues in Turkey, including the socio-political situation and legal developments. Some of the volunteer's additional tasks will likely be of an administrative nature.
The volunteer will be given appropriate training to enable him/her to complete the assigned tasks.
This volunteer position would particularly suit students of human rights, politics, law or journalism, or others with a demonstrated interest in one or more of the above, and who have some prior knowledge of Turkey.
Role profile of the volunteer:
Voluntary work at Amnesty International can provide valuable experience and you will receive work references. However, please note that volunteering does not lead directly to employment with Amnesty International.
Voluntary work is unpaid, although travel and lunch expenses are provided. We are able to offer only very limited advice in terms of finding accommodation or employment in London. Volunteers are responsible for arranging their own UK visa/work permit before arriving in the UK.
- Research on the internet or via phone. The volunteer could be asked to find information on particular questions through relevant governmental and non-governmental websites, and download information.
- Daily monitoring of Turkish and English language national and international press in relation to human rights in Turkey.
- Correspondence. The volunteer could be occasionally asked to draft replies to letters from the public, as instructed by the team members. All information to members of the public (letters, faxes, emails, documents) must be agreed with the team before being sent out.
- Collecting, requesting and collating information for research and campaign materials
- Assisting in distribution of public documents to government officials, local and international NGOs, journalists, lawyers and individuals
- Assisting team members in organization of research missions, travel and other logistical requirements
- Assisting in creating and updating electronic lists of authorities and contacts’ addresses
- Occasional translation and proofreading of short research and campaign materials
- Fluent spoken and written English and Turkish
- Interest in and knowledge of the political and human rights situation in Turkey
- Familiarity with computer word processing, databases, internet searches.
- Commitment to working in a multi-cultural and diverse environment
- Experience in undertaking desk research
- Demonstrated familiarity with the Turkish legal system
- Succinct and clear writing and editing skills