Forwarder Lhr Jobs Vacancy at Geodis Ashford
Geodis Ashford urgently required following position for Forwarder Lhr. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Forwarder Lhr Jobs Vacancy at Geodis Ashford Jobs Details:
Legal entityGEODIS is a Supply Chain Operator ranking among the top companies in its field in Europe and the World. GEODIS, which is part of SNCF Logistics, which in turn is a business line of the SNCF Group, is the number one Transport and Logistics operator in France and ranked number four in Europe. The international reach includes a direct presence in 67 countries and a global network spanning over 120 countries.
Why join us ?
Transport and Logistics form a key sector in the world economy. As a major international player on this sector, GEODIS is geared to full satisfaction of all stakeholders, starting with its workforce, more than 39500 men and women worldwide who share the same values of commitment, innovation, trust, solidarity and passion that form the pillars of GEODIS corporate strategy.
Type of assignment
Function - Transport Operations: road, ocean, rail, air
Forwarder LHR 2 M/F
Position requirements and constraints (working hours…)
17 hours per week full time flexible hours required moving to shift work
Geodis Wilson supplies and combines freight services, information management and added value into integrated solutions. As part of the Geodis Group, Geodis Wilson supports Geodis' capacity to offer customers one partner to solve their supply chain challenges worldwide. It has revenues of 2 billion euro's and more than 5000 employees working in 45 countries around the world.
Objective / Purpose of the Job (describe clearly the level of responsibility and expected results)
The forwarder is part of the to be completed as appropriate department. To provide an excellent customer service experience for our customers including clearances, quotes, arranging shipment/deliveries, invoicing and all other import functions as required.
Dimensions and Quantities
Direct Reports: None
Geographical area of responsibility LHR1
Key Activities / Accountabilities
- Completion of end to end forwarding activities as the individual role requires
- Follow strict and time sensitive SOP's/KPI's to ensure compliance
- Work closely with internal and external customers
- Focus on customer service
- Use of Next Gen/MS office as requested
- Ensure invoicing, job costing, CIA, Netting and milestone are updated within the required timeframe
- Month end department compliance
- Customs Entries
- Cost control
- Assist senior forwarders, Supervisor and line manager where required
- Ensure all reports including internal and customer specific are completed within the deadline
- Resolve queries from customers and suppliers
- Ensure Best Practice models are adopted
- Work closely with the Operations manager for Internal and external rates reviews.
- Remain in contact with customers and suppliers to maintain relationships
- To take part in customer reviews when required to build up visibility and relationships with customers.
- Assist sales and management with customer development
- Maintain clean desk policy
- Operate within companies QA system
- Any other tasks as directed by their Supervisor or line manager
- Educated to GCSE/O level standard or equivalent
- Business related experience
- Proven customer service record and experience
- Proven operational experience
- Thorough understanding of customer needs
- Knowledge in of the international transportation and logistics industry, in export Air Sea Road operations.
- A knowledge and understanding of financials and impact on business
- A Good knowledge of IT systems and processes used in the transport sector
- Fluent in English, local language and any other languages required for smooth operation of business
- Result-oriented and driven to achieve goals and meet targets
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to read and understand an SOP
- Customer service driven
- Deep knowledge of the financial contexts the business exists within
- Profitability and result-oriented and always looking for improvement in our business processes
- Team oriented
- Quality focus.
- Flexible in approach and happy to work shifts as required including weekends
Working time (%)
Europe, United Kingdom, England, Hounslow
Years of experience in similar position
Junior (1 to 5 years of experience)