Microbiology Laboratory Technician Jobs Vacancy at Sgs Aberdeen
Sgs Aberdeen urgently required following position for Microbiology Laboratory Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Microbiology Laboratory Technician Jobs Vacancy at Sgs Aberdeen Jobs Details:
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Microbiology Laboratory Technician, to join our global organisation.
In return we are offering a competitive salary depending on experience, plus an annual performance bonus, and an excellent benefits package including child care vouchers, discount schemes, and a contributory stakeholder pension with a matching contribution of up to 6%.
Main Purpose of Role
• Perform sampling and analysis to recognised international/in house methods and documented procedures and the preparation of reports via cclas for issuance to clients.
• Deliver consistently high standards of analytical performance whilst ensuring the laboratory meets ISO 17025 requirements.
• Demonstrate compliance to all test methods, procedures and quality systems essential criteria for UKAS accreditation and SGS Laboratory practices.
• Liaise with Laboratory Manager if a problem with equipment, methods or samples occurs and initiate corrective actions to ensure continuity of service.
• Identify and implement improvements to current laboratory operations in order to maximise equipment availability, ensure technical standards are maintained and improved thus ensuring profitability.
• Maintain organised and auditable systems of work to permit traceability and ensure compliance with UKAS accreditation.
• Delivery of agreed analysis to timescales and cost to enable fulfilment of contractual KPI’s and maximise profitability.
• Ensure sampling schedules are managed and complied with to ensure customer and regulatory compliance.
• Conform to laboratory ISO 17025 accreditation, retention of same being essential to the commercial viability of the laboratory and customer confidence.
• Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of laboratory and analytical techniques and equipment to promote continuous improvement and provision of quality service to clients.
• Ensure Laboratory Management Systems (Cclas) is fully operational and utilised to ensure delivery of traceable and accurate results.
• Vessel and tank sampling in Aberdeen and Peterhead harbours and thereafter analysis of same to fulfil contractual requirements.
• Preparation of and stock control of microbiological media in line with operational demand.
• Resolution of client enquiries in a timely and effective manner to ensure consistency of service delivery and agreed contractual obligations.
• Provision of reports to Laboratory Manager to assist in service, standards and delivery.
• Ensure that competency issues are highlighted and appropriate experience/ training is provided working in either capacity, as a mentor or trainee. This will enable greater personal development and training which will benefit laboratory team and minimise potential short falls in skills/ experience in laboratory resource.
• At all times, adopt a safe behaviour by exercising due regard for the health and safety of yourself, colleagues and clients, in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
• Ensure full compliance with the Company’s Code of Integrity & Professional Conduct, and at all times adopt behaviour in accordance with SGS UK’s Equality & Diversity policy.
1. Customer Focus
2. Analytical Reasoning
3. Drive & Resilience
4. Change Orientation
6. Building Relationships
Skills & Knowledge
• Must be computer literate in use of word, Excel and LIMS systems.
• Must have and maintain knowledge of microbiology, analytical equipment and methods.
• Operate using aseptic techniques.
• Must have detailed knowledge of international analytical standards and operational procedures, understanding there-in and ensure laboratory processes adhere to said standards.
• Effective interpersonal, teamworking and organisational skills.
• An appreciation of hydrocarbon process system operation and production chemistry.
• Experience of Off-shore Oil Industry related analysis encompassing a
broad spectrum of methods and analysis to meet exacting process and client demands.
• Experience of working within a UKAS laboratory
• Preparation of laboratory techniques and documentation.
• Knowledge and experience of process management and chemical optimisation.
• HND/ Degree level in microbiology or related science based subject, or equivalent.
• Current, valid driving licence.
• Formal auditor qualification/ training.
• Off-shore medical certificate.
• Off-shore survival certificate.