Analyst Global Emerging Markets Team Jobs Vacancy at Schroders London
Schroders London urgently required following position for Analyst Global Emerging Markets Team. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Analyst Global Emerging Markets Team Jobs Vacancy at Schroders London Jobs Details:
Analyst - Global Emerging Markets Team-LON35155 As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals across the planet meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients’ needs. That’s why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients. Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £418.2 billion (€476.3 billion/$543.3 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 4,100 people across six continents who focus on doing just this. We are a global business that’s managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients’ needs at the heart of everything we do. For over two centuries and more than seven generations we’ve grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients’ needs and interests. Explore our interactive timeline to see how we’ve been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings. *as at 30 June 2017
Job title: Analyst - Global Emerging Markets Team
Type of position: Permanent, full-time
Location: London, EC2V 7QA
Salary range: Competitive Salary
Opening date: 21 December 2017
Closing date: 19 January 2018
The highly successful Global Emerging Markets (GEM) Equity team manages over $25 billion. The team is looking to recruit a London based analyst who speaks and reads business Mandarin. The successful candidate will work closely with an experienced analyst to research and recommend Chinese stocks for inclusion in the portfolios. The candidate will rapidly assume responsibility for a subset of the Chinese equity market.
The analyst will be trained by the Schroders GEM Equity team, which has a well-defined investment philosophy and rigorous approach to fundamental analysis. Training will involve extensive education by and feedback from both analysts and fund managers on the team. There is an ongoing programme of talent development for all analysts. We will sponsor the analyst to undertake the CFA programme. In order to deepen relations and ensure effective communication with our Asian-based analysts, the analyst will have opportunities to work out of our offices in Hong Kong and Shanghai on short term assignments. The candidate must have previous investment experience and be able to read and speak business Mandarin and display strong numerical, analytical and communication skills.
A member of the EM Equity team:
• Responsible for the analysis of Chinese A and H share companies with a view to making stock recommendations to fund managers for inclusion in the emerging market equity portfolios.
• Undertaking the analysis of company reports and accounts. Evaluating company business models. Evaluating economic conditions that impact sectors companies under coverage. Building complex financial models incorporating financial projections. Utilising different fair value methodologies to establish fair value estimates.
• Communicating investment views and conviction effectively to fund managers, both in writing and verbally.
• Conducting management interactions (both management meetings and management conference calls) with Chinese companies in Mandarin. Being able to read Chinese reports and accounts in Mandarin. Being able to read websites in Mandarin relating to Chinese corporates, economics and culture. Being able to test Chinese online services in Mandarin. Being able to engage in Mandarin with Schroders’ China analysts based in Shanghai and Hong Kong. Being able to travel extensively and independently in China and to lead fund managers and analyst trips in China.
• Deepening relations and ensuring effective communication, with the offices in Hong Kong and Shanghai
• Participating in strategy meetings, client and potential client meetings and meetings with consultants.
• Ongoing development of skill-set. Supporting the development of other members of the analyst resource.
Essential qualifications and skills:
• Graduate or ACA (or equivalent)
• Ability to communicate fluently in Mandarin (both written and spoken), due to working predominantly in the Chinese market
• Exceptional academic record
• Previous investment experience
• Strong interest in business, investing and markets
• Strong numerical, reasoning and analytical ability
• Strong evidence of ability to interpret data and information to form an investment conclusion.
• Ability to think broadly
• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
• Microsoft Office essential, to include Word and Excel. Knowledge of other relevant systems, tools or coding languages an advantage.
• Team player
• Strong self-awareness and responsive to feedback. Relentlessly seeks improvement
• Ability to plan work load independentlySchroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age. Job Investment Management Primary Location GB-England-London Schedule