Programme Manager Jobs Vacancy at Network Rail Milton Keynes
Network Rail Milton Keynes urgently required following position for Programme Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Programme Manager Jobs Vacancy at Network Rail Milton Keynes Jobs Details:
We are looking for an experienced change and IT programme manager, who can act as the business lead for new infrastructure project assurance and programme mgmt. systems.
The role will play a crucial part in developing the project and programme mgmt. capability of Network Rail, working with senior stakeholders across the business.
The successful applicant will be accountable for sponsoring the new systems, including defining the requirements, and overseeing delivery by working closely with internal and external development teams. To ensure successful delivery, this role will be accountable for managing the business change and embedding into BAU.
About the role (External)
· Develop and deliver a specific programme of work, on time, to budget and to other agreed success criteria within corporate guidelines including the Investment Competence Framework.
· Work with the client to establish an effective relationship supporting effective delivery, performance measurement and management of change. This should encompass where appropriate communications with outside bodies.
· Develop and manage the Programme team (including external suppliers), monitoring adequate resources available to deliver a flexible, competent, skilled and effective workforce at all times.
· Achieve the programme outturn and margins as agreed with the Programme Director.
· Develop an appropriate strategy for the development and delivery of the Programme work scope.
· Identify priority opportunities within the programme and lead promotion and sharing of best practice between programmes.
· Monitor planning so that it considers cross-programme requirements and supports the effective delivery of contracted obligations.
· Undertake accident investigation when remitted by the relevant designated competent person
· Identify and implement quality and efficiency improvement initiatives.
· Lead and inspire the team to maintain full engagement in meeting business objectives.
· Manage and comply with company procedures to provide appropriate resources, communication strategies, training, and competency and evaluate fitness of staff to safely deliver their accountabilities.
· Act upon and discharge of, all Construction Design Management (CDM) obligations for projects as directed.
· Able to lead a team and motivate team members.
· Relevant experience in the successful management of major programmes of work in the construction and/or rail industries.
· Strong commercial and negotiation skills.
· Knowledge of the principles of investment processes and procedures.
· Knowledge of the principles of Health & Safety legislation, environmental and best practice.
· Construction design management competence
· Project safety management experience
· Accident investigation experience.
· Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
How To Apply- External
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3000 (to a maximum amount of £2,250).
Network Rail positively embraces flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Network Rail adheres to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range: £64,512 - £72,576
Closing date: 20/10/2017 , late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.
It is a requirement of the role to live within 90 minutes commuting time of The Quadrant Milton Keynes.
Network Rail adheres to the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS). This is a government standard for pre-employment vetting. All prospective employees will undergo the required checks to meet this standard before joining the company.