Maintenance Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Thermo Fisher Scientific East Grinstead
Thermo Fisher Scientific East Grinstead urgently required following position for Maintenance Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Maintenance Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Thermo Fisher Scientific East Grinstead Jobs Details:
The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for maintenance and engineering activities within the manufacturing and laboratory environment. The manufacturing process is designed around complex electrical and mechanical production lines and equipment with the Maintenance Engineer being crucial to the success of production.
Division Specific Information:
The Microbiology Division (MBD) sits within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Speciality Diagnostic Group. Our customers worldwide trust our microbiology solutions for the diagnosis of infectious disease and detection of bacterial contamination.
The MBD East Grinstead site is the only manufacturer of the Sensititre product range, which includes anti-microbial susceptibility testing (AST) products. Our AST products are used globally to determine which antibiotics a particular bacteria, such as E.coli, MRSA or M. tuberculosis, is sensitive or resistant to.
What will you do?
- Using standard operating procedures, you will undertake planned and preventative maintenance on a range of equipment;
- Your role is to identify and diagnose common faults as well as assisting colleagues in diagnosing complex problems;
- Implement counter measures, analyse fault data and make your recommended root cause improvement activity;
- Within specified limits & standard calibration procedures, you will carry out routine equipment/system adjustments
- Through analysis, you will control materials and costs through building supplier relationships;
- Assist in the commissioning of new equipment and departmental projects.
This role will involve working 1 in 2 weekends on a proposed average of 31.5 hours per week.
Who we are looking for:experience, skills & abilities
- Alongside a recognised Electrical or Mechanical Engineering qualification, you will have a solid understanding of machine operation and production processes;
- You can use your communication skills to explain complex problems to stakeholders with varying knowledge of engineering;
- With excellent troubleshooting skills, you are able to find solutions outside of normal procedure if necessary;
- You are able to manage multiple priorities through to a successful and timely completion.
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent progression opportunities with a large and growing global employer;
- Competitive salary;
- 25 days annual leave;
- Private healthcare cover;
- Employee assistance programme;
- Range of flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, gymflex amongst others;
- Discount shopping scheme.
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!