Monitoring And Compliance Officer Jobs Vacancy at Kennedy Recruitment
Kennedy Recruitment urgently required following position for Monitoring And Compliance Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Monitoring And Compliance Officer Jobs Vacancy at Kennedy Recruitment Jobs Details:
Vacancy Ref - 14400
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client based in Lurgan, to recruit a temporary Monitoring and Compliance Officer. This role will be full time, require an immediate start and is expected to last until the end of March 2018. Completion of the following duties is required -
- Implement the annual monitoring programme to include sampling, issuing of monitoring forms and updating charity register where necessary.
- Assist in analysing charity accounts and annual returns.
- Provide compliance support to charities to ensure good governance and to secure proper application of charitable assets
- Follow up on closed investigations where orders, directions or regulatory advice are in place to ensure compliance.
- Work across subject areas such as financial reporting requirements, fundraising, trustee issues, and general governance issues.
- Prepare evidence and write reports on failures to comply.
- Contribute to the provision of general advice and guidance materials.
- Work with intermediary bodies in the charity sector to promote compliance with the law.
- Assist in developing and maintaining good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain electronic filing systems and records accurately and in a timely manner.
- Carry out specified project work under the guidance of senior colleagues to support the achievement of project aims.
- Comply with Data Protection, Freedom of Information and the organisation's requirements relating to documentation and record keeping.
- Ability to work flexibly across teams and a range of areas.
- Ability to manage own workload and work simultaneously on a range of complex tasks.
- Undertake other ad-hoc duties as may be reasonably required and requested by the organisation.
- Basic compliance tests, Zero tolerance / high risk cases, Internal compliance referrals, Defaulters, Pre-registration closures. The duties will include:
- Analyse charity accounts and annual returns as well as assisting with the financial aspects of investigations to verify compliance with stated charitable purposes and reporting on unfit conduct.
- Assist in development and manage the annual monitoring programme to include issuing of monitoring forms, workflow development and caseload management.
- Provide compliance support to charities, preventive monitoring and follow up action which may include investigations and issuing of formal directions or orders to ensure good governance and to secure proper application of charitable assets.
- Keep abreast of the latest accounting standards and best practice which have an impact on the organisation, for example, SORP
- Assist in providing technical input and guidance materials to improve compliance with accounting requirements and increase understanding of the monitoring process.
- A' level passes in 2 separate subjects or equivalent and 5 GCSE / GCE 'O' level grades A, B or C to include English and Maths.
- Third level qualification i.e. Business & Finance, Part Qualified Accountant
- 3 years relevant experience
- Experience of financial and/or management accounts, interpreting and presenting financial data and reports.
- Experience of analysis and problem solving in relation to compliance and accounting matters.
- Experience of dealing with queries and/or providing advice to external stakeholders.
- Experience of the maintenance of comprehensive records and databases.
- Experience of using evidence to make judgements and take decisions.
- Experience of charity accounts/charity governance.
- Experience of working within strict operational guidelines and following processes and procedures.
- Ability to interpret annual reports and accounts.
- Ability to manage a diverse and complex workload.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain and develop systems and processes.
- High degree of computer literacy including the use of Word and Excel
- Knowledge of charity law.
- Knowledge of company and Trustee legislation.
- Knowledge of Data Protection and Freedom of Information requests.
- Please note an Based Access NI clearance is a requirement for this post at a cost of £26 to the candidate.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.