Technologist Raw Materials Management Jobs Vacancy at Burberry Limited London
Burberry Limited London urgently required following position for Technologist Raw Materials Management. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Technologist Raw Materials Management Jobs Vacancy at Burberry Limited London Jobs Details:
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
To support the Product Supply within Supply Chain and develop Raw Materials Engineering as an area of excellence within the upstream Technical Development phase for Burberry.
- Develop a working knowledge of capabilities and capacities, of Raw Material Suppliers in the matrix
- Continue to build collaborative partnerships with suppliers, ensuring timely 2 way communication to accomplish material development tasks
- Build an in-depth knowledge of government regulations, restrictions, safety protocols and performance standards for Raw Materials & Finished goods
- Expert Knowledge on Material construction analysis and interpretation; Own a material subtype / Category
- Execute RM technical approval process under supervision, including validation of material specification and development test results in line with risk process and business critical path.
- Drive and support technical and risk management documentation on tools provided by the business
- Assist with colour approvals for first lot and bulk production to Suppliers
- Share Raw Material technical re-development directions to suppliers
- Hold Business Partners accountable to Raw Materials performance standards, processes, inspections and expectations
- Mitigate product risk by assessing compatibility within Bill of Materials
- Identify opportunities for on boarding, training and elevation of Suppliers
- Drive some project work particularly around supplier elevation and root cause analysis
- Built some training documentation
- Degree in Textile / Leather / Materials Technology /Engineering or equivalent
- Extensive experience in Materials development or manufacturing
- Experience or knowledge in RM Procurement
- Product Development (Fabric & Product) knowledge
- Supplier relationship management and negotiation skills
- Great communication skills
- Adaptable and resilient to change